Device: Resmed Autosense 10, P10 Nose Pillows Size Large. Set from my provider (Medbridge) at 9-14. Sleep Study thought I should be around 9. Received around 7/22.
Tried using the device for 2 months. I've been able to sleep through the night with it for maybe 5-10 days over that 2 month period. Otherwise I would wake up after having a hard time breathing, and pull it off. I think the main thing that is happening is that one, or both of my nostrils get congested while I sleep, and that makes it harder for me to breath. Without the CPAP, it is easier for me to breath. I can either breath through one open nostril and congested nostril or my mouth without CPAP, but not with CPAP. Anyway... I felt worse using the CPAP. Sleepy.
I have tried different humidity/temperature settings on the CPAP. I have tried turning off ramp. I have tried different pressure settings, and even just set the pressure at a constant 9, 10 or 11.
I also tried to see if I could use the CPAP to just measure my AHI, by turning the pressure down to 6, or 4 (constant) and see what my AHI is. AHI measurement at this low pressure was less than 5.
I haven't used the CPAP for 2 weeks. I feel better in the morning. I did talk to my CPAP provider and Dr, 2 weeks ago, and asked if I could try a full face mask, since I thought that maybe my problem was nasal congestion. Unfortunately, I am outside of some 30 day exchange window and my insurance doesn't provide replacement masks until 90 days (end of Oct). So I can't get a full face mask unless I want to buy it with my own money. I am renting the CPAP from the provider. My insurance requires this, although my insurance doesn't require compliance results.
At this point I really want to just return the whole setup. I'm thinking about waiting until the end of Oct and trying the full face mask though. 70/30 for me currently on returning/keeping until I can get a full mask.
Anyone else have any suggestions? Sorry for the long post.