Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any products out there to track body positions?
RE: Any products out there to track body positions?
Your best bet is either the Somnopose app for iPhone or Torena for Android. You strap the phone to your chest with a running belt like this one. It's reasonably comfortable; wouldn't want to wear it every night but it's fine once or twice. Both apps can import data directly into OSCAR (via the Somonpose route). I worked with the Torena author to add Somnopose export support for his app. Be aware your CPAP's clock isn't in sync with your phone. Your phone probably has actual accurate time, your CPAP will be off.

Filming yourself is another option and quite instructive for other reasons (like seeing your chest rise and fall). Most modern cell phones have good low light performance, but a camera that works with an infrared light is even better. What I've done is record myself at about 15fps, play it back very fast, and then just hand-code the times I've changed position. It takes about 15 minutes to go through 8 hours of sleep. A timelapse of one photo a minute will also work fine for basic sleep position tracking. Honestly watching yourself sleep like this is a little creepy, before CPAP I found the video of myself lurching and gasping for breath pretty upsetting. Good incentive to get treated!
Post Reply Post Reply
When I'm collecting data from multiple devices I make sure to sync the clocks before bed. I use a clock app that a second hand on my phone to time the moment I set the time on the AS10. Seems to work pretty well for the most part.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2021, 05:25 AM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: Also, anybody have experience recording video of their sleep?  Any advice?  Is it easy to do with a smartphone and tripod?

Recording yourself in sleep, is the best way to understand your tosses and turns.
Problem is lighting.
If you are good wearing an eye mask then you can leave the light on but if you can't, then you need to setup an IR light over your lense .
As for taping 8 hours of sleep, the best way to do this is with Time-Lapse, setting your camera to take 60 frames per minute (one per second).
You will save a lot of memory space this way.
Smartphone+Tripod+Eye-Mask (or IR)+Time-Lapse and you are off to the races.

As for a device to record your position at night, it will be useless in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 796 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  What are the Best Sleep Positions for fewer disturbances rosebladepat 3 410 09-26-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
  Products or solutions for cleaning the inside the machine jmordoj 2 777 07-01-2023, 04:13 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Device to track sleep position in OSCAR? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 453 01-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  1st week on APAP down - Am I on the right track & flow restriction? HokiEd 8 1,177 10-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Theoretically, could there be PAP-pods ? (whole body pressurized sleep) DaveCar 10 1,164 10-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.