Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any thoughts about direct Bluetooth data entry?
Any thoughts about direct Bluetooth data entry?
I've been a xPAP user for over 20 years, but I finally bought an APAP machine (Dreamstation GO) recently that finally provides detailed data, and have now begun to use OSCAR. Since my new machine provides copious data on a daily basis, I was curious whether anyone has considered allowing OSCAR to get the daily information directly from a compatible xPAP machine instead of the need to extract microSD card from the machine. My overall concern is if I really want to look at the details on a daily basis, the wear and tear associated with the extraction and subsequent reinsertion of the tiny card is bound to cause a failure sooner or later (either a data glitch, or worse, an electrical issue with the microSD connector).

An alternative solution to utilizing the microSD card would be to use the machine's bluetooth capability to extract the information from the device without physically removing the the microSD card. My ultimate quest is to find a way to extract the data either to my smartphone (and then find a way to transfer that info into OSCAR), or allow OSCAR to input the data directly using the bluetooth connection on my Laptop. I understand that there is a Phillips application for my smartphone that will extract the data to their specific application, but I would much prefer to use the excellent OSCAR SW to analyse my APAP results.

Thanks to everyone involved in the creation of the OSCAR program...excellent tool for helping all of us breath better!

...john
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any thoughts about direct Bluetooth data entry?
One solution for the microSD card socket problem is the Micro SD Card PCB Extender - Adafruit product #4395 -

They also have a version with a two foot flat cable instead of a PCB.

As for the Bluetooth solution, the data rate is not excessive - about 1000 bits/second, without overhead. The problem is that the manufacturers are notoriously secretive about their data formats, without even considering encrypting the data stream. Nobody has - as far as I know - hacked the Bluetooth transmissions of any of the Bluetooth equipped CPAP machines, but the data displayed by the current apps is far less than what OSCAR displays, so I'm guessing they don't send very much data via Bluetooth.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't worry about the wear and tear: most SD sockets are rated for a rather large number of insertions. (On the order of 10,000+) That's 27 years, much longer than the life of your CPAP.

I don't suppose there's a microSD version of the FlashPAP?

That said, Bluetooth support for various devices would be nice, but it's not coming soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find a micro SD to standard SD adaptor.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
search "micro sd adapter card" on Amazon, right below the "sponsored" readers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the thoughtful replies...I guess the MTBF on the microSD card connector is way better than I realized. I also like the idea of an extension board although knowing my cat, he would find that too interesting not to be messed with  Oh-jeez.

Thanks again for the responses.

....john
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I went down the road of buying a Toshiba Flashair SD card, then using the Flashpap software and I can now read my data remotely. 

Every morning:
  • Run Flashpap to copy the data to my PC over wireless
  • Then run an Oscar import.
Really really easy. 

Cheers,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the DreamStation Go uses a microSD card, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops. Missed that.

I went to ebay and searched "TF to SD SDHC SDXC Extension Flex Cable Adapter". Plenty showed. Same would go for Amazon. Then you could go with the flashair.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Breas Z1 Auto Bluetooth Won't Turn On leinerd 1 627 10-14-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Gmason19
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,478 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  OSCAR 1.4.0 - Possible Bluetooth data import? a21900 0 731 10-19-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: a21900

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.