Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any thoughts on my charts?
Any thoughts on my charts?
Hi

I slept with my mouth taped shut last night to try to reduce leaks.

It worked and I have last nights data and would appreciate if anyone could take a look and let me know what you think.
I see mostly very short CA's and am not sure what to make of them, so Ive also added a close up on one of the CA's for you thoughts on what it is?

Thanks
D
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah19...939cc4.png
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah19...8062c3.png
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any thoughts
All apnea looks the same to me, we don't know for sure whether central apnea flagged by the machine is real or some transition from sleep to awake and back to sleep

Taping my mouth shut is scary, I know some do it but not for me
Have you tried chinstrap?
I cannot see the leak graph, leak rates looks OK ... Med 4.80, 95th 16, Max 27

I would increase starting pressure from 4 as 95th over 9 and turn off EPR, if you can do without
But the important question is "how you feel" ... if you feel better or even slightly better than you,re on the right track
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 10:40 PM)Eurika Wrote: It worked and I have last nights data and would appreciate if anyone could take a look and let me know what you think.
I see mostly very short CA's and am not sure what to make of them, so Ive also added a close up on one of the CA's for you thoughts on what it is?

Hi Eurika,

Unless you are having problems when the pressure gets high, such as a painful amount of aerophagia (air swallowing), I would suggest increasing the Minimum Pressure so it becomes 1 to 3 cm H2O lower than your 95% pressure, but no need to make the jump all at once, can move Minimum Pressure setting to 6 and then perhaps gradually raise it higher. (Alternatively, some would prefer a minimum Pressure setting about 4 or 5 lower than the 95% pressure, and others prefer a Minimum Pressure which is about the same as their typical 95% pressure.)

The 95 percentile pressure is the pressure you were at or lower for at least 95% of the night (session). It is also the pressure you were at or higher for at least 5% of the night.

I don't understand why SleepyHead is reporting mostly Obstructive Apneas according to its event pie chart, but is not including a row for Obstructive Apneas in the event flag timeline. Perhaps a SH bug?

May be good to double check what the data looks like using ResScan.

Often, new PAPers will see a significant number of CA events in the early weeks and months of PAP therapy, and usually the number of CA events will decline over time.

An "ASV" model of CPAP machine would be able to treat central apneas (as well as obstructive apneas). If after a month or two of using the machine, if the CAI (Central Apnea Index) was at least 5.0 and was the majority component of the AHI, then perhaps an ASV (Adaptive Servo Ventilator) machine would be covered by most insurance companies. (I've heard that some insurance companies will not approve coverage for ASV machines unless the CAI when using a non-ASV machine is at least 10 or 15.)

The point is only that your CAI is likely to continue improving as your body gets accustomed to breathing under pressure, and your CAI is already far lower (at least on the one night shown in the posted data) than what would be commonly considered to indicate an ASV machine may be needed.

One thing that sometimes causes an increase in the CAI is EPR. After a few more weeks with EPR of 2, if the CAI has not continued to improve, you might want to try lowering EPR to 1 or zero for a while, to see if in your case this further reduces the CAI.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
SH report AHI 3.49 ... more likely 1.49
What the AHI on the A10 sleep report?

Edit: now becomes clear, only if waited few seconds
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh

I seem to have turned off OA events in the previous SS.

Here is the fuller picture, sorry about that.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah19...90b212.png
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd not be concerned with the CA events. Your machine doesn't treat them, just reports them. Yet they are less than 5. They are just one of those things. Should they increase and become more than 5 events per hour, then you should perhaps start being concerned.

I agree with increasing the minimum. 6 sounds about right like Vaughn suggested. Look back over the data for the past ten days or so and if the median seems to regularly fall at about 7ish, then you may want to raise it to 7. Your max is 12 and that seems to be good for you.

Do you have the ramp on? You may want to just turn that off if you do. Ramp increases the pressure from the minimum of the machine, which is 4, to the minimum of the treatment setting, which you have set to 5. So it isn't doing much good for you. Even if you increase the pressure to 6, you should have no trouble with the pressure in the beginning.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you fall asleep fast, the 'ramp' setting will keep the machine from reacting to anything during the ramp 'time' - usually 45 minutes if you didn't change it. - FYI
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup I did have the ramp on, and will turn it off. I'll increase the minimum pressure a little at a time after 6, median seems to waver between a little above 6 to 7+.
As a matter of interest I have caught myself forgetting to breathe, very very occasionally in the past whilst awake, I've not felt short of breath, I just seem to notice. Strange.

Once again thanks very much guys.

Post Reply Post Reply
My experiece - I needed to tape because my pressure wasn't high enough. Now with the correct pressure all I need is a chin strap. Remember though, my experiences are not normal like Retired Guy!Coffee
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 12:20 AM)Eurika Wrote: Ahh

I seem to have turned off OA events in the previous SS.

Here is the fuller picture, sorry about that.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah19...90b212.png

Hi Eurika,

Your SleepyHead files posted on photobucket are in .png format and are very large files.

Better to use a compressed format, but not so compressed that it becomes blurry and we can no longer read the words.

This would save space, and would be both faster and cheaper for us to download to look at.

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 261 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 682 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,756 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.