Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask?
REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home
These days you can track sleep stages at home! While the medical mafia will say there is nothing as good as a PSG, if you are hanging out here and watching your AHI, perhaps using Sleepyhead, you can use commercial devices at home to track sleep stages too.

ResMed makes a device called "S+" that is available through online outlets. I bought mine from [link removed] Amazon for $80. Put it on your nightstand. You tell it when you are shutting the lights out via your cellphone and tell it again when you wake up. You'll get a stage report almost instantly. There is a website that provides the information as well.

Beurer makes a device called "S-80" based on technology developed by EarlySense. It is a disc that is placed under your mattress. The operation is more or less the same as the S+ but we find it substantially more accurate, perhaps from the clinical trials done with the EarlySense hospital devices. I bought mine from [link removed] Amazon UK for about $190 since it was not (yet) sold here. Watch [link removed] for a US version perhaps. The EarlySense software (app on your cellphone) will identify potential breathing problems, which can be a tip to use Sleepyhead for the night in question if you don't do it daily.

Most likely the very best device for stage tracking is the Rythm Dreem. Unlike the above devices (and their competitors) which use respiration, movement and, for the Beurer at least, heart rate, the Dreem uses EEG. So You wear a headband instead. I suspect that because it uses EEG that it is the most accurate (consumer device) for staging. It's expensive, with shipping expect to pay $370.

None of these devices are eligible for (my) insurance reimbursement, but when I read about how long it can take to make sleep therapy work for people, I have made all three investments and use them all nightly. Note that Rythm do not want people with sleep disorders to be part of their current program (they are in a post-Beta, limited availability phase called Dreem First). Fortunately with my ASV, I don't have a sleep disorder anymore!

You will have to be somewhat picky about which CPAP mask you use with the Dreem. While I have used it with the Wisp (moderately comfortable), and the Dreamwear (quite difficult but I have made it work), I am experimenting with the P10 now.

The Dreem claims to increase deep sleep.

I keep a spreadsheet with data from my ResMed AirCurve ASV, the S+, the S-80 and the Dreem. Both the S+ and the S-80 are showing increased deep sleep percentages since I've been using Dreem. I expected it to report that but continue to double check. The Dreem works.

Some here may write about the Zeo which was also based on EEG, but that product and the necessary online support disappeared a while ago. You may also read about the Basis Peak smartwatch that used several sensors, but it was also recalled -- like the Samsung Note 7, it had a battery overheating problem.

You can track your sleep stages. I hope you will do it.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 32 987 03-15-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,162 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,722 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 234 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,224 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.