Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask?
RE: Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask?
A chin strap might be a requirement also.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Spy Car,
The lanolin that you want is, Lanseno? HPA Lanolin. If you should need that for soar nostrils, you just use a "very little" bit on a cotton swab. But you might be fortunate enough not to need that.
Good luck finding a mask that works for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2016, 07:04 PM)Rcgop Wrote: My initial p10 came with all 3 sizes. You should insist on getting all 3. My DME looked at me and thought the small would be best. That lasted one night before I went to the medium. After several months I tried the large and liked it the best. Here's why.

The small did not let enough air in and I felt like I was "trying " to breathe. Also it was my first night on the machine and it was set on 4 cmH2O. Also started to irritate my nose.

The second night I used the medium. Much, much better. No irritation, and could get more air in. Of course I still was not used to the therapy in general.

After several months, I felt I was as comfortable as I was going to get. That's when I started with sleepyhead and making some comfort adjustments. That's when I tried the large. Much more air passing through and easier to breath. More leaks too, but very acceptable. Physical size caused it to rest on my upper lip but still no problem.

It seams like early in the therapy process, your (my) body is ever changing. Just for grins I went back to the medium. Now that is my new pillow of choice. I will keep a supply of both at all times.

Bottom line: try all of them and over and over again.

(09-16-2016, 07:05 PM)edfreeman Wrote: The P10 full setup comes with all 3 sizes in the unopened package. Some suppliers do want to fit you in-store and seem to want to keep the two sizes you don't leave with. Ask for and take all 3. I measured as a medium, but the large was most comfortable. I am a mouth breather, so I'm experimenting with different masks, a chin strap, etc., to find something I can use consistently.

I will push for all. Thanks.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Got my P10 mask today.

I'm very surprised (being new to all this) that I'm feeling so excited about the P10s. But I am. Some kudos to ResMed on packaging alone. Unboxing felt almost like opening a new Apple device. The design of the unit is clean and minimalist.

I couldn't help take a test run (which I also find hard to believe) and LOVE the P10s. The air diffusion is amazing. The light-weight and unobtrusive nature of the mask is keen. And I like the quality of my breathing with this mask. It is different than the nasal masks I've tried (and not disliked), and so far I like it better on all fronts.

So far I'm doing with medium.

I actually can't wait to try it for a full nights sleep tonight.

My one worry was the "one size fits all" headband. I have a very large head and was concerned. On a short trip, I had no problems. Hope that's the same overnight.

I'm laughing at myself a little for being jazzed to have the P10, but if anyone can understand I suppose it's you all.

Cheers,

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
It is one of the more popular masks, and for good reason.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Spread the straps for a looser fit, bring em together for tighter. The head set will loosen over time, and you can always give them a few stretches. I have almost always used this genre of mask. I was originally issued a Respironics comfort gel nasal mask, and quickly migrated to the Swift FX and LX. When the Airfit P10 became available, I reached in my pocket and paid for one.

Bet'cha use the large cushion tomorrow.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the test flight, I spread the straps way out and gave them a good stretch besides. I'm a 7 5/8 so I was concerned about the fit. Seemed OK for a 45 minute go. We'll see about a full night.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
At Tom/Sleeprider's nudging, I have tried (and switched over) to the large mask. I like the P10.

The one issue I'm having is that I have typically been in 2.X territory with the nasal masks (Wisp/Eson), and this has gone up to about 6 territory with the P10s.

Cause to re-think this option?

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 08:24 AM)Spy Car Wrote: At Tom/Sleeprider's nudging, I have tried (and switched over) to the large mask. I like the P10.

The one issue I'm having is that I have typically been in 2.X territory with the nasal masks (Wisp/Eson), and this has gone up to about 6 territory with the P10s.

Bill

If you mean your AHI is in the 2 to 3 range before and around 6 with the P10, that is not a problem. You can sort that out. When you change masks it is not unusual for your body to take a while to get used to the new conditions. Also, I have read that the P10 requires lower pressure than other masks - not sure about that, but I can believe it.

I see you list 4-20 for your pressure. If that is true, I would wait about 1 week to let you body get used to the P10, then I would adjust that range. 4 to 20 is a bit wide and typically the advice here is to set it closer and near to you 90% level.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 10:08 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 08:24 AM)Spy Car Wrote: At Tom/Sleeprider's nudging, I have tried (and switched over) to the large mask. I like the P10.

Bill

If you mean your AHI is in the 2 to 3 range before and around 6 with the P10, that is not a problem. You can sort that out. When you change masks it is not unusual for your body to take a while to get used to the new conditions. Also, I have read that the P10 requires lower pressure than other masks - not sure about that, but I can believe it.

I see you list 4-20 for your pressure. If that is true, I would wait about 1 week to let you body get used to the P10, then I would adjust that range. 4 to 20 is a bit wide and typically the advice here is to set it closer and near to you 90% level.

Frank

Hi Frank, yes the AHIs had mostly been in the 2.0-2.5 range (occasionally higher, and a couple times in the high Ones.

I have been playing with the minimum pressure recently (IMS is it currently at 6-20) so my profile needs updating. I'm open to experimenting.

I dig the comfort and minimalism of the P10s. I'd hate to give them up. I do want to maximize health.

One question I have: Is it possible to have higher AHI numbers on nights one gets good sleep? It seems to me (being one prone to insomnia) that some of my higher AHI nights are followed by days when I woken up feeling more refreshed. Possible?

I wish I had a way to track REM sleep, etc.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,363 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 103 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,083 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,230 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,876 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.