Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any tips on using cpap on cruise ship
Any tips on using cpap on cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise for 8 nights any tips or anything I should be aware of.

I got this from Carnival when I asked about cpap use. Seems to cover it.

Thank you for your email please be advised of the following procedure as it relates to your request.

Carnival Cruise Line permits guest who use BIPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, and Nebulizers onboard; guests must bring their own equipment onboard for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-point plug or adaptor providing 220/240 volt 60Hz. Adaptors will be available for purchase, if needed. 

Electrical devices such as small fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. If you travel with one, at the time of embarkation it will be confiscated and inspected by an electrical officer. If it is deemed to be safe for use, it will be returned to you at the Guest services desk. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Please note: Surge protectors are not permitted onboard. Should you require the use of an extension cord, power board or surge protector, please see the Guest Services desk upon arrival for further assistance.

Carnival Cruise Line carries distilled water, which is available by contacting Housekeeping once onboard. The cost is approximately 3.00 AUD a gallon. 

If traveling by air, please check with the airline directly for their restrictions regarding traveling with medical equipment.

We look forward to providing you a FUN and memorable cruise vacation. 

Guest Access Support
Carnival Cruise Line
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any tips on using cpap on cruise ship
Use the ships tap water. Use tape if needed to secure the machine. If you hit some weather during the night and dump the machine on the floor, isn't a good move. Make sure your travel ins will cover your apap. tip your room steward at the beginning of the trip.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2019, 05:32 PM)ajack Wrote: Use the ships tap water. Use tape if needed to secure the machine. If you hit some weather during the night and dump the machine on the floor, isn't a good move. Make sure your travel ins will cover your apap. tip your room steward at the beginning of the trip.

Thanks Ajack
I don't usually use the humidifier but thought I may have to if the AC is too dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went on a cruise. I used the ship's extension cord and the American style 120 volt 60 hz outlet. After reading the label on the machine, I could have bought an adapter to use the 240 volt 50 hz outlet. READ THE LABEL BEFORE YOU TRY THAT. Also note that the ship will charge quadruple for such an adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did the Panama Canal and the western seaboard last year.  The cruise line said to not use my own N/American style household extension cord, that they would provide one.  I brought one anyway, and the cabin steward said it was okay to use what I brung.  And I did.  Your machine's cord will only reach approx. 2/3 of the distance to the closest socket.  I would bring my own cord in case...

As ajack says, use bathroom sink water.  Discard what's left each morning and fill it with fresh water.  That will be just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
A trip on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry across Bass Strait proved the worth of traveling with your own extension cord and plug. The cord on a CPAP machine is quite long but I was still a metre short as they put the plug under the mirror in the middle of the cabin and not near the head of the bed. Fortunately I was prepared.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny how extension cords seem to be just short of plugging things in to the ONLY outlet available. You know that one that's buried behind the desk.

Don't swim with your CPAP.
CPAP masks aren't for snorkeling.

Enjoy the Carnival or Circus Cruise line. And maybe you'd post images afterward.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,355 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,545 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,239 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  [CPAP] cleaning my machine tips kiracaylen 2 542 08-31-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.