Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop?
Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop?
I'm looking for a single bag I can travel with that will hold both my ResMed Autoset 11 and a thin 14" laptop. My goal here is small; something like ResMed's excellent travel bags that come with their machines only with a extra 2-3 inch pouch for the laptop.

Any suggestions? Amazon has a bewildering array of bags. There's a bunch of bags marketed for CPAPs but they tend to be bigger than I'm looking for. Also not clear that something specifically CPAP is necessary. There's a bunch of suitable looking bags with internal dividers for carrying various kinds of gear like videogame consoles, cameras, etc. Just kind of overwhelmed by all the options.

(To put some hard numbers out.. the ResMed 10 bag is 14" x 12" x 5" and the ResMed 11 bag is 13.25" x 10" x 4". I'm hoping for something that qualifies as a "personal item" on an airplane which isn't well defined but much smaller than the 22x14x9 carryon; maybe 18x14x8 or 17x10x9. I'm aware that they're supposed to let me on with my required medical device not counting as a carryon, mostly looking for my convenience in consolidating things.)

I see Philips makes a PAP Travel Briefcase that's almost exactly what I have in mind; anyone have one? Anything alternate bag like that people like?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop?
Ha, no replies. Well I got the Philips case I mentioned above and it is exactly the right kind of thing I'm looking for. It's just big, 16"x14"x8". Looks designed for older machines, I'd say it has 50% more volume in the CPAP side of the case than the ResMed bag that comes with the machine. It's also cheaply made, about the same quality as ResMed's. But I think it will do the job I need. Philips seems to still be making and selling these. I saw some evidence ResMed used to make something similar but years ago.

For a fancier option the best I found is Peak Design, specifically their Messenger Bag. They make various kinds of nylon bags with dividers inside for flexible space arrangement. The pictures mostly show camera gear which I think is a pretty close match to the pieces of a CPAP. Haven't seen one in person though.
Post Reply Post Reply
looking for something similar myself!! For a recent travel trip, I doubled up my Lenovo laptop bag to carry CPAP A10 with my laptop. Worked pretty good but I feel I can do better. 

It was this one https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/accessories...4X40Q26383
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up getting a Peak Design 13L Messenger bag. It's a tight fit, the Resmed 11 just barely fits with room for a laptop and not much else. I'm not sure even the slightly bigger Resmed 10 would fit and certainly nothing bigger. But the divider system the bag comes with keeps all the pieces secure and it's a nicely designed and built bag. They also have bigger backpacks, a tote, etc that all look like they might be good for carrying CPAP gear thanks to the dividers.
Post Reply Post Reply
One possibility I foresee is that airlines allow the CPAP machine in the ResMed bag as an exempt carry on bag. They may not allow a combination bag as exempt. If you aren't flying, the combination bag is a good choice.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you already got the messenger bag, but did you also check out peak designs camera cubes? Sorry, I can't post links yet, but they are in the bag accessory page on peak designs website.

I have a trip coming up, and I am planning to use a small camera cube in my backpack (evergoods CHZ26) as my personal item, then have a small carryon duffel. I usually one bag travel, but with my air curve 10, I am going to have to add the duffel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up returning the Peak Design bag. The 13L is just barely big enough for a ResMed 11, but it really doesn't leave much room for anything else. I think a 15-18L bag would suit my purposes better. I did travel with the Philips bag though. It worked fine. I'd rather have a bag where the foam compartments are perfectly sized to the CPAP and then have the leftover space for chargers, etc. Instead I ended up putting a few cables and things in the CPAP side with the water tank, etc. Fine but not ideal.

The Peak Design camera cubes look nice! In general I think camera bags are probably a good match for the parts of a CPAP. Although the typical camera setup doesn't have anything quite like the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now taken a couple of trips with that Philips PAP Travel Briefcase. It works pretty well and satisfies my purpose. I do wish I had something custom-made to fit the ResMed 11 instead. The extra space in the CPAP compartments is useful for storing small gadgets (like chargers and cables) but it'd be better to have something more secure.

My main complaint is the bad is just not very well made. With a small laptop and tablet in there it's heavy and the handle is not up to the task. The whole bag warps a bit near the handle attachment. It's fine for a $90 bag but I'd gladly pay $300 for something a bit more well made and purpose-fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
This leather bag is not specifically designed for CPAP machines, but it worked well for me. It's durable, stylish, and has a separate compartment that fits my laptop perfectly. It's got enough room without making it feel like I'm carrying a bulky package.
Post Reply Post Reply
Airlines allow a CPAP as an exempt carry on. Meaning if they allow only 1 bag, you can bring a regular carryon, briefcase, whatever, AND your CPAP bag. But if you put anything into that bag that is not medical related (non CPAP medical is allowed), it is no longer exempt.

I would not get a bag to carry both because I can put the CPAP bag in the overhead and it stay there, not being removed, handled, etc. And have a 2nd bag with my laptop. That's what I have done in the past.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,680 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,746 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 1,919 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 778 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,108 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.