Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask
RE: Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask
Thanks very much for the Dreamwear size info. It’s really helpful.  I had written to a couple of online vendors but never heard back from them.

The vet wrap is new to me. Did it actually work or was it money down the drain?

My latest experiment is putting a thin piece of silicone (like something you would use to unscrew tight bottle lids) between the strap and my head. It worked to some extent. I needed to readjust the strap only once last night. The silicon stopped the strap sliding against my hair. But my hair slid up against my scalp and the strap slid up with it. (My daughter said the solution is for me to shave my head).

Now that I know the “arms” will fit the Aircurve model, I’m going to give the Dreamwear headgear with a try. The price on Amazon is reasonable. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very clever to think of putting the thin silicone under the back of the strap -- basically the same thing the veterinary/self-adhesive bandage would do, but always nice to be able to use something you have on hand.
Not sure if Amazon in Australia has the same listings as the US version, but Amazon US has a listing titled "Headgear with Arms for DreamWear Nasal & Pillow Masks" (the one with over 1000 reviews) and one review has comparison photos of the back of a short-haired woman's head wearing the headgear with arms and another with the original (somewhat similar to the Airfit N30i/P30i) headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 11:50 PM)BobbieM Wrote: Thanks. I actually use the Airfit mask which doesn’t have wings. Will the Airfit cushions fit the Dreamwear headgear? I will definitely check it out. Sleep apnea is an expensive business. 

Re-read this and wanted to clarify, the Dreamwear with arms headgear fits onto the Airfit frame very well.  The Dreamwear and Airfit frames do not work with each other's nasal cushions or pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking the dreamwear with arms was useable with the ResMed. Just don't tell Respironics or ResMed.

This is probably a much better way than a heavy duty staple gun or gorilla glue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2021, 08:42 AM)BobbieM Wrote: Thanks very much for the Dreamwear size info. It’s really helpful.  I had written to a couple of online vendors but never heard back from them.

The vet wrap is new to me. Did it actually work or was it money down the drain?

My latest experiment is putting a thin piece of silicone (like something you would use to unscrew tight bottle lids) between the strap and my head. It worked to some extent. I needed to readjust the strap only once last night. The silicon stopped the strap sliding against my hair. But my hair slid up against my scalp and the strap slid up with it. (My daughter said the solution is for me to shave my head).

Now that I know the “arms” will fit the Aircurve model, I’m going to give the Dreamwear headgear with a try. The price on Amazon is reasonable. Thanks for the help.

The vet wrap worked for me (plus putting some of my hair over the headgear).  The cost was $1.99 CAD for several metres so minimal cost.  I only used a few inches so the roll will last a very long time.  See how much it costs in Oz and go from there.  Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
How exactly did you put the wrap round the headgear?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrapped it around one part of it, where the strap is split into two horizontally. The bottom is thicker than the top so I wrapped only the bottom part. If I figure out how to post pictures,I’ll take one and will post it so you can see what I mean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a photo of the vet wrap on my headgear.  Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is going to sound really stupid ABQuilter. I bought the vet wrap but can’t work out how to wrap the headgear so the back strap won’t ride up the back of my head. I tried wrapping the lower strap as you suggested but my hair is too slippery. So the band and the vet wrap just slid up the back of my head with my hair. 
And no, I won’t shave my head bald.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not having much luck there... Hair too short for one solution and too long for the other. Rolleyes

I'm going to reiterate my earlier suggestion to tape up the sides of the headgear where they meet the frame.   I just did some experimenting and taping it like this seems to restrict the movement of the headgear in the frame pretty well. (at the very least it may give you some indication of whether the dreamwear with arms headgear is going to be a viable solution)

Sorry for the blurry photo, photography is not my forte. Wink

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,345 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,466 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.