Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any using Medicare Advantage?
RE: Any using Medicare Advantage?
I do know that all my doctors are on Aetna in-network. I was going to get Johns Hopkins Baltimore for pulmonary but they're not on the list. I'm working a new referral to Penn State Hershey, was told any within that umbrella is good. Primary is on if I list the other doc within PCP office, both Aetna and PCP office OK with that. DME, Lincare, on the list as a national. Dentist and new eyeglasses (LensCrafters) on the list. Eh I'm doing Aetna Medicare Advantage, they're looking up access for my county, Franklin.

As far as I know it looks good. My potential max premium is $27.30 month, but they're stating Medicaid will pay it, hence zero from me except co-pays.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds pretty decent Dave. If it works out for you, great... if not, you can make a change next year.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that's a good idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Plan (I'm on disability). They pay nothing above Medicare for cpap stuff (in other words, 80% paid by Medicare, rental for 13 months). My brother pays a lot more for a standard subsidy plan with Medicare and pays nothing for his bipap stuff. I have no complaints - 80% is reasonable, but you have to plan ahead. I had some medical tests and procedures and all those copays can add up to several hundred dollars. All of that adds up. I will own my Airsense for Her sometime in October so that monthly $10.xx will stop.

If you don't have assets beyond house and car and your only income is disability, check with your clinic group about help for those who don't make much money. You have to apply annually, but eliminating at least some copays is helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, yes I will look into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I'll be getting an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan, they're calling it plan 39. It is HMO type, but all my providers are on, except I may need to move medications over to their preferred list. There's just a few Advantage plans to choose in Franklin County, PA, but this one added several things. It's adding dental, vision, and hearing coverage plus OTC if I order it. And meds are zero copay if I use the specific listed ones.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 666 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 380 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 959 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.