Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Battery for ResMed AirSense 10 Auto is...
Money 
Best Battery for ResMed AirSense 10 Auto is...
Have the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto

Looking to purchase a battery to use in case of power failure at home (none since my 2 1/2 years on CPAP but you never know)

Will take when leaving home for weekend trips/mini-trips for backup in case of power failure
No overnight plane trips where I would need to use my machine on the plane are expected (but my wife may have other plans!)

Do Not expect to use anywhere as primary power source. no camping (unless in cabin with electrical power!)

Do Not want a heavy car/boat battery to lug around

Thinking one of those battery packs in the $300 to $500 range that is compact and lightweight

So the question is, what brand is going to give me the most punch for my dollar? What's the best buy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Battery for ResMed AirSense 10 Auto is...
I'm new to this... There's a battery option? or are we talking more like an UPS?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you don't want a heavy SLA, the lighter weight Lithium Ion battery is what you need. Sorry, I can't advise you on which brand to buy. Just note that to get any kind of decent battery life you will need to turn your humidifier off. I think that you will have to buy an adapter, too, because ResMed machines run on 24 volt DC and have a third conductor that sends a proprietary signal. There's a thread around here somewhere for a hack for that.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
any powerbank with AC outlet should work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed offers a 12/24v DC to 24v DC power supply for the A10. Using this power supply in lieu of the standard 120v supply is far more energy efficient when using batteries.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you are looking for is a li-ion battery and DC-DC power adapter for Resmed. There are a couple all -inclusive packages on Amazon, but you may be able to find them elsewhere. Some forum members have these and can relate their personal experience. They work best when the humidifier heat and tube heat are off, but you can still use the humidifier with water as a passive humidifier.

BixPower sells a 188 watt-hour lithium ion with the Resmed adapter for $279. They also sell a dual-pack li-ion rated at a total of 192 watt-hours with adapter for $277. The advantage of the split battery pack is the smaller size might be allowed on airlines, while the single larger one is likely not allowed.

A MaxOak battery with Resmed cable is $299 and is rated at 297 watt-hours.

A very well made Medstrom Pilot 24 battery with adapter for $339. The claim 1 to 2 nights of use, but I don't know the rating.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2019, 09:37 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Resmed offers a 12/24v DC to 24v DC power supply for the A10.  Using this power supply in lieu of the standard 120v supply is far more energy efficient when using batteries.

This you need 12/24V DC power supply. It does not grow on trees or sprout out of rocks. And the power supply must be specifically like car charger outlet. I guess it will work anyway cause no way power outage will affect cars, but then you will need to sleep in the car every time there is power outage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Several vendors offer a lead with a female receptacle on one end and eyelet terminals on the other end.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2019, 10:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What you are looking for is a li-ion battery and DC-DC power adapter for Resmed.  There are a couple all -inclusive packages on Amazon, but you may be able to find them elsewhere.  Some forum members have these and can relate their personal experience. They work best when the humidifier heat and tube heat are off, but you can still use the humidifier with water as a passive humidifier.

BixPower sells a 188 watt-hour lithium ion with the Resmed adapter for $279. They also sell a dual-pack li-ion rated at a total of 192 watt-hours with adapter for $277.  The advantage of the split battery pack is the smaller size might be allowed on airlines, while the single larger one is likely not allowed.

A MaxOak battery with Resmed cable is $299 and is rated at 297 watt-hours.

A very well made Medstrom Pilot 24 battery with adapter for $339. The claim 1 to 2 nights of use, but I don't know the rating.

I've always found that Amp hours are a better way of determining how many hours I will get out of a battery. To get Ah from Wh all you have to do is divide the Wh by the number of volts and for the 192 Wh battery you are looking at about 8Ah (192/24) which doesn't look like very much. However, there may be other factors that I've not taken into account which will increase the capacity.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per above responses, Looks like the BixPower dual pack battery setup would be the most ideal for me.

Anyone currently (or in the past) use this battery setup and how did you like/dislike it?

What kind of battery life did you get?

like the fact can take on airlines if break down into two batteries. Thinking I carry one battery in my carry-on, My wife the other.
Also like one can charge battery using car outlet.  

Thanks to all for the input

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,747 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 101 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,610 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,822 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.