Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody has experience with the Provent system?
RE: Anybody has experience with the Provent system?
(12-12-2016, 08:02 PM)Russatrice Wrote: I would guess that it's useless for people with actual apnea (though it's promoted as apnea therapy...) but was wondering about it for my hubby.

I think Provent was discontinued. Anyway, the idea of it is to make it harder to exhale, thus retaining the air pressure needed to keep the airway inflated.

I don't think it will keep an apnea sufferer's throat open, and I really doubt it will do anything to keep nasal passages open.

Within a few minutes of lying down my nose would immediately become stopped up and I'd have to breathe through my mouth. I had endoscopic sinus surgery and two days later I was breathing through my nose while lying down.

If your husband won't make an appointment with a good ENT to have this problem addressed then I suggest the NeilMed sinus rinse.

Good luck. I think what he may need more than anything is some tough love. Just make the appointment for him and if he won't go tell him he's on his own.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,255 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 113 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 382 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,021 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,892 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 454 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 153 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.