Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody know what these pressure pulses are for?
RE: Anybody know what these pressure pulses are for?
Some things may never have a logical explanation. Reporting this anomaly and checking for any opinions is the right thing to do. I don't suggest you ignore it altogether but do suggest that you enjoy the fact that the therapy is doing what it needs to and you are free from OA's, CA's and Hypops. It would be nice to have an answer but it may not happen. It may just be some software anomaly or some machine firmware problem, who knows at this stage.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are sleeping good and feeling good with the pressure setting you have, and your AHI is less than 5, and the only "symptom" is that weird alien blip, leave it. Keep watching it but unless something happens, don't be overly concerned about it.

If you are not doing one or more of those above things, then let's see what else is going on and try to help you with it further.

As for changing it to straight CPAP for just one night, that's not enough time. That's just one night. Unless you were absolutely miserable all night and can definitely say it was the CPAP setting that did it, leave it alone. Give it at least a week to see how it goes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 device that I have (Model 560) and all the others I have ever seen has a periodic analytical pressure shift that ramps up over 3 minutes and then ramps back down over 1 minute. It happens about every 9 minutes. I am surprised yours is not similarly shaped.

Each pressure change command is represented by PRS1_01, so one occurs at each shift. So there are three of these in the waveform you captured - http://i.imgur.com/XQv1xOJ.png.

An example from my history is shown below, seven occur in the hour between 22:20 and 23:20.

[Image: n9IvpFP.png]
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 06:48 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you are sleeping good and feeling good with the pressure setting you have, and your AHI is less than 5, and the only "symptom" is that weird alien blip, leave it. Keep watching it but unless something happens, don't be overly concerned about it.

I'm not concerned about it, just interested, especially since they correlate with an undocumented data channel. It would have been nice to be able to name it and update SleepyHead.

I was hoping someone who is good at reading the flow would look at it and say "sure, that's just marking the <whatever> events"

Also, if they didn't actually serve any purpose, I would have set my machine for straight 15 with no auto, however they do seem to be doing something.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,643 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Clear airway pulses Jessher 3 581 01-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,351 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,356 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.