Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody still use these things?
Question 
While cleaning out my den (so the wife can lay a new floor in it), I stumbled on a box of about 50 brand-new 3-1/4" floppy disks! Anybody need them; they're free and I'll ship them to you - just send me a PM.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start your own computer museum perhaps?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool! I actually just took apart my last "dino" computer a few weeks ago. Just wasn't worth having it around any more. It had a floppy drive.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Darn. I thought this was a new survey and was looking forward to the choices….
Oh. well… maybe Retired_Guy can make some suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
They make cheap drink coasters LOL. I have a bunch of them but other than the old dino desktop gather dust in the closet I havent seen anything that has floppy drive in years. Kinda miss em LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
or a Frisbee

Post Reply Post Reply

I've seen them sold on etsy, used as the cover for a small notebook. Maybe you can sell the lot on etsy or ebay? Crafty people might like them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Low frequency wind chime or mobile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shims
Post Reply Post Reply

Actually, I still use them. However, I have about 100 still new in the box.
I have to use an external drive that plugs into USB.

What I really need is a 5 1/4 floppy external drive. I have some 5 1/4 floppies with source code and executables from decades past that are modified from old NASA and Naval Research Labs (NRL) codes. I failed to copy them to newer media as things evolved.

Yes, I am imaging what R_G will think the thread title means.

@Pollcat -- you're just a few miles north of where my father was born and raised.
He was from Ravenswood Indiana (a neigborhood in north Indy.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All Things Sauerkraut goodonya 39 6,221 02-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: me50