Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody successfully use a Quattro FX?
Anybody successfully use a Quattro FX?
When it's working it seems kind of nice, but that was only one night.  Every other time I tried to use it (it was supposed to be a backup)  the thing leaked like mad and half the time I'd wake up with the lower cushion in my mouth. 

I'd like to hear pro and con on this. 

Also, this double membrane is kind of comfortable but I don"t see how you can really clean it good without either leaving some crud or damaging the mask.

I had thought if I liked it better than my Wizard 220 I might have switched but, no way.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anybody successfully use a Quattro FX?
Prior to my current mask, the Quattro FX ones were the ones that worked for me. The big deal is that they are comfortable, but a bit of a pain to clean, because of the complex assembly/disassembly, it is documented on the ResMed website.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
New to this.  Googling, I ran across a video by a sleep tech & he said he preferred the basic Quattro as opposed to the FX.  Didn't say why.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Quatro FX for about a year and was pleased with it. I did sometimes have problems with leaks near the bridge of my nose which blew into my eyes. I changed to the Airfit F20 about 9 months ago and would not go back. The soft single layer cushion is easier to handle and clean, it is more comfortable, the magnetic clips make it easier to put on, and it rarely leaks.  The cusions also seem to last longer. I've beenusing the same one for 9 months. I had to change the cushion on the Quatro FX about every 3 months.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
been using quatro fx for over 6 months, i cant imagine why i would have to change the cushion, sometime it falls out at the side if i move too much. Im switching to Philips DreamWear as soon as i get my nose surgery.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used one for about 2 months and found that to stop it leaking I had to strap it on so tight that my face was really distorted in the morning, so I changed to another mask .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 400 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 614 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 508 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  RIP Quattro FX dave1013 5 753 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dave1013
  Mirage Quattro Headgear GidgeMo 0 557 11-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: GidgeMo
  Mirage Quattro Sizes tulip0852 5 943 10-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20 struts 5 6,686 07-31-2020, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.