Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody understand "Torrents"
I was wondering if anyone here can explain what torrents are and how to use them. Just a brief idea.

Also do any of you use P2P file sharing, i.e. Frostwire5 ?
Thanks
(04-03-2013, 02:23 PM)Bompa Wrote: I was wondering if anyone here can explain what torrents are and how to use them. Just a brief idea.

Also do any of you use P2P file sharing, i.e. Frostwire5 ?
Thanks

Actually they are pretty much the same. With torrents, you are drawing from everyone connected to that network who has the same file. The more people who have it, the faster it downloads. So I sometimes get some large files in minutes. Some small ones take a long time. There are a few "client" programs out there. My program of choice is called Bit Torrent. Then again, once you download the file, you also become a server since people seeking the file can also draw from you. It's OK. It's part of the file sharing concept so by its nature it can be as legal or illegal as you wish. I am advocating nothing. I'm just telling it like it is.
Thanks. I don't know yet if I have any use for it.
I just wanted a simple explanationas to what it was.
Thanks

Not sure if this will help, but it looks like a good video explaining BitTorrent:

Direct link to YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbkwQnC2eeA
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Too confusing for me!!!!!
At my age it's hard to learn new tricks!!!
Laugh-a-lot
(04-04-2013, 01:45 PM)Bompa Wrote: Too confusing for me!!!!!
At my age it's hard to learn new tricks!!!
Laugh-a-lot

Since you're a "greeter" and a "monitor" for Apnea Board, you are smarter than you give yourself credit for.