Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anybody using Resmart CPAP?
Anybody using Resmart CPAP?
Hello everyone,

A while back, due to my insurance changing to a different supplier I was faced with using a Resmart CPAP machine which seems to be a less widely used brand. No particular problem with the machine but after joining this forum I learned how much information there is to be had regarding my treatment. Resmart does not support downloadable software but after considerable probing and perseverance I can now access my data on line by way of icodeconnect.com. It is not necessary to register*, just select Quick Report, select SD card report, insert the SD card from the CPAP and follow the steps. There is also a choice for iCode report which is a less informative report requiring additional steps. I hope this may be helpful to someone.

*It isn't necessary to register but, if you enter your name the program saves the SN of the machine so you don't need to enter that each time. There is also a downloadable iCode Connect User Manual and a Clinician User Manual on line.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anybody using Resmart CPAP?
Yes, I am using one also. I got stuck with it before I found out about all the more advanced brands and the ones with downloadable data capabilities. Insurance was not an issue; they will not pay for anything.

I also use the icode site, but the data provided is poor and of not much use. BMC (manufacturer) has a much better software reader available to vendors and mine will read the SD card and give me a copy of its data. Much better than what they provide us users, but still not as good as what I have seen here on this site.

Still PO'ed that I got stuck with this lame, but at least functional, machine. I am considering buying a more advanced (and smaller) machine before I a vacation that I am planning for in January. If I do buy a new machine, then my current machine will be used for backup only.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with you TSPROUT in that I also would have headed the Resmart off at the pass had I found this Forum before the Resmart came but it is what it is. I will try to attach a copy of one of the reports from icodeconnect / SD card and you can let me know if you found something more informative. This is my first attempt to attach a file, hope it works.

Apparently I need to learn how to do attachments, I don't think it worked.
Or maybe it did work.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very good friend just got stuck with one of these machines yesterday. Unfortunately, she did not ask for my recommendation for a new machine but just accepted whatever the DME gave her.
She is having problems adjusting to the overall pressure(s) and I have no experience with anything other than a CPAP. She did get the clinician's manual with the machine, but I'll need a dictionary to figure out what it's trying to tell us. Huhsign

Any help understanding this machine would be greatly appreciated.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 04:40 PM)stanleydean Wrote: I'm with you TSPROUT in that I also would have headed the Resmart off at the pass had I found this Forum before the Resmart came but it is what it is. I will try to attach a copy of one of the reports from icodeconnect / SD card and you can let me know if you found something more informative. This is my first attempt to attach a file, hope it works.

Or maybe it did work.

Hi stanleydean,
Your AHI numbers are too high. Treated apnea is 5 and below.
Sorry you are stuck with this machine, but if you can raise the pressure a bit, that would be the way to go. You have it set at 9. Can you raise it to 10 and see if your numbers drop. Without a data capable machine, (preferably an APAP),
it's somewhat hard to advise you.
The good news is if by raising your pressure a bit and it lowers your AHI, then you may be able to get by. Is there any chance you can return machine???

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Poll Cat,

If the Resmart machine is white it is straight CPAP, if black it is automatic, mine is white. To enter the clinician's mode with either machine unplug the power cord. While holding the start and ramp buttons simultaneously reconnect the power cord. Using the + and - buttons step through the setting options.

To change a setting press the ramp button. Use the + and - buttons to make the change. After making the change press the ramp button again to confirm that change.

Mode: CPAP, Titrate or Auto
Treat. P: set the treatment pressure
Max APAP: Set the maximum treatment pressure (automatic mach.)
Ramp: Set the ramp time
Init P: Set the starting ramp pressure
Unit: cm H2O or hPa (default is cm H2O)
Use time: usage hours of machine
Mask test: ?

To save settings advance through all setting options until you come to the "Save" prompt. Press the ramp button one final time to save settings. I have used this procedure successfully on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Opal Rose,

Thank you for your input. I agree, I need to get my AHI numbers below 5. I have had a few. I did bump my setting up to 10, used it last night, got 7.5. I will run at 10 for a few days and see what it does. Then ease up some more. I'm just getting my feet wet. I have had the machine over a year and according to my insurance, after a year it is mine. After getting a little more familiar with the entire scheme of things I'm thinking to try and get my primary care doctor to prescribe a new in-clinic sleep study with titration. If that will fly with the insurance then I may be eligible for a new and more satisfactory machine. Meanwhile, I will soak up as much good information from the Forum as possible. Wish I had found you guys sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 04:40 PM)stanleydean Wrote: I'm with you TSPROUT in that I also would have headed the Resmart off at the pass had I found this Forum before the Resmart came but it is what it is. I will try to attach a copy of one of the reports from icodeconnect / SD card and you can let me know if you found something more informative. This is my first attempt to attach a file, hope it works.

Or maybe it did work.

Others have already commented on your results, but your report is much more detailed than what I get. I didn't notice in your first post that you can upload data from your SD card, which I cannot as far as I can tell. I have to manually enter a long string of numbers multiple times, which provides a report with less information than your report. I have used the icode site many times and it has never asked that I upload data from a SD card. I will recheck tomorrow when I am on my computer not the tablet that I am using now.

Now I see how you got a more detailed report, you used the doctor / provider portal not the lowly patient portal. Did you have any problems setting up a user ID & password? I will give it a try tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2015, 08:32 PM)sptrout Wrote:

Or maybe it did work.

Others have already commented on your results, but your report is much more detailed than what I get. I didn't notice in your first post that you can upload data from your SD card, which I cannot as far as I can tell. I have to manually enter a long string of numbers multiple times, which provides a report with less information than your report. I have used the icode site many times and it has never asked that I upload data from a SD card. I will recheck tomorrow when I am on my computer not the tablet that I am using now.

Now I see how you got a more detailed report, you used the doctor / provider portal not the lowly patient portal. Did you have any problems setting up a user ID & password? I will give it a try tomorrow.

It isn't necessary to enter any of the information, just select Quick Report and at the bottom select SD card. Since it's been a couple of days, you have probably gotten it sorted out. If not let me know, maybe I can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2015, 10:48 AM)stanleydean Wrote: [quote='sptrout' pid='129667' dateline='1441157542']
[quote='stanleydean' pid='129636' dateline='1441143606']

It isn't necessary to enter any of the information, just select Quick Report and at the bottom select SD card. Since it's been a couple of days, you have probably gotten it sorted out. If not let me know, maybe I can help.

No, I have not figured it out yet, but I never noticed the "Quick Report" before. I just went back to the site and saw the button you mentioned. I am off the computer now so will have to try later, but thanks very much. I am looking forward to getting a more complete report.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with BMC Resmart GII Andreselos 20 1,148 04-27-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Andreselos
  BMC Bpap RESmart GII settings Oskar.Kim 17 2,269 08-14-2020, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Oskar.Kim
  [CPAP] Clinician Setup Manual for BMC RESmart G II macleodal 1 2,545 03-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] RESmart CPAP - Entering Setup Kevin5050 3 2,125 07-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  bmc resmart G11 cheetah 3 2,108 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM
  Sleepyhead and BMC RESmart mickeytg 3 1,907 11-05-2016, 01:08 PM
  [Pressure] Adjusting pressure on RESmart CPAP machine garyd86421 5 6,481 10-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Last Post: garyd86421

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.