Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Else Sleep Completely Whack?
OK, been on the 'pap for about 3 months. I am used to it, 100% compliance, but I only get sleep in broken pieces, and weird hours.

Example: Go to bed at 10:00 pm. Fall asleep for 2 hours. I wake up, and I am super wide awake. Cannot sleep until 6 am. Sleep until 10:30 am. Wake up at 1:00 pm. Sleep from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.

This sleep pattern varies but is similar. If I have an appointment during the day, then I am running on less sleep, and will sleep that night for 8 to 12 hours, but still broken up. Sometimes I am tired and fall asleep for 15 minutes, and then I am awake for 4 hours.

Lately my AHI is between 1 and 2.

Comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you have found a sleep pattern that mostly works for you. You're in good company as apparently up to half of people naturally wake up at night. The 8-hour nocturnal sleep pattern is a fairly recent occurrence in modern life since the advent of artificial light. Try this: http://www.livescience.com/12891-natural-sleep.html
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a life?
Post Reply Post Reply

Player, I'm sure there must be some way you can get your sleep hygiene in order with the needs of having a life. People change shifts and time zones and cope with all kinds of changes and manage to get back into a workable schedule. I think it's going to take some personal discipline to adhere to a schedule of when to sleep and when not to. Your doctor might also be able to prescribe some sleep aids to help you make the adjustment. I'm sure it's frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2015, 06:06 AM)player Wrote: Example: Go to bed at 10:00 pm. Fall asleep for 2 hours. I wake up, and I am super wide awake. Cannot sleep until 6 am. Sleep until 10:30 am. Wake up at 1:00 pm. Sleep from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
How was sleep pattern prior to CPAP, same or different?

Post Reply Post Reply
XPAP can help a little bit with a fractured sleep pattern, but that it not what it is designed to do. Biphasic sleep is not necessarily a problem, and it may be healthy and natural. But a fractured sleep pattern (more than two stages) is probably something not so healthy, and should be addressed. There is probably a solution for that, but xPAP won't be it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've tried everything, completely lost lostie42 12 926 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 1,543 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  How to dry hose completely cate1898 17 4,111 10-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Please help - still completely fatigued marxxx 33 5,924 12-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Meet with sleep study center employee to look at masks for my sleep titration me50 11 2,783 12-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Peter_C
  [News] Sleep Disorder Breathing As a Huge Health Issue & Sleep Cycles ApneaNews 0 1,301 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews
  Completely lost ResMed data JumpStart 2 2,745 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Last Post: CHanlon