Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Else Sleep Completely Whack?
Anyone Else Sleep Completely Whack?
OK, been on the 'pap for about 3 months. I am used to it, 100% compliance, but I only get sleep in broken pieces, and weird hours.

Example: Go to bed at 10:00 pm. Fall asleep for 2 hours. I wake up, and I am super wide awake. Cannot sleep until 6 am. Sleep until 10:30 am. Wake up at 1:00 pm. Sleep from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.

This sleep pattern varies but is similar. If I have an appointment during the day, then I am running on less sleep, and will sleep that night for 8 to 12 hours, but still broken up. Sometimes I am tired and fall asleep for 15 minutes, and then I am awake for 4 hours.

Lately my AHI is between 1 and 2.

Comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Else Sleep Completely Whack?
Sounds like you have found a sleep pattern that mostly works for you. You're in good company as apparently up to half of people naturally wake up at night. The 8-hour nocturnal sleep pattern is a fairly recent occurrence in modern life since the advent of artificial light. Try this: http://www.livescience.com/12891-natural-sleep.html
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a life?
Post Reply Post Reply
Player, I'm sure there must be some way you can get your sleep hygiene in order with the needs of having a life. People change shifts and time zones and cope with all kinds of changes and manage to get back into a workable schedule. I think it's going to take some personal discipline to adhere to a schedule of when to sleep and when not to. Your doctor might also be able to prescribe some sleep aids to help you make the adjustment. I'm sure it's frustrating.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2015, 06:06 AM)player Wrote: Example: Go to bed at 10:00 pm. Fall asleep for 2 hours. I wake up, and I am super wide awake. Cannot sleep until 6 am. Sleep until 10:30 am. Wake up at 1:00 pm. Sleep from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
How was sleep pattern prior to CPAP, same or different?

Post Reply Post Reply
XPAP can help a little bit with a fractured sleep pattern, but that it not what it is designed to do. Biphasic sleep is not necessarily a problem, and it may be healthy and natural. But a fractured sleep pattern (more than two stages) is probably something not so healthy, and should be addressed. There is probably a solution for that, but xPAP won't be it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 973 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  OSCAR time scale out of whack JoeS01 5 432 09-30-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: StuartC
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  AHI below 2 for 8+ hours - feel completely disoriented and groggy all day rileygrindle 4 651 06-21-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.