Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Experienced Vertigo The Morning After?
RE: Anyone Experienced Vertigo The Morning After?
When I got my new air11, I trialed the ForHer setting. On six of the 10 nights I had at least one apnea > 50 seconds, and desats into the low 80s. On  each day after I had vertigo and a splitting headache.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Experienced Vertigo The Morning After?
I have had attacks of vertigo since I was in my 20s.  I had one in Oct and a PT did the Epley maneuver but I struggled afterwards with dizziness.  I saw an ENT who tested me and said it wasnt BPPV and referred me to an audiologist.  I highly recommend an audiologist who specializes in vestibular issues - she did many tests on me and finally figured out that the ENT was incorrect - he had not had me positioned with my head down over the table and I did have BPPV.  She did the Epley maneuver and it was successful.

I read articles that said sleeping with a wedge pillow can help prevent future attacks.  BPPV is due to crystals in your ear moving into the canal and evidently the somewhat upright position can help prevent this.  I discovered though that my AHI has gone up since adding a wedge pillow.  Gideon diagnosed this and he was correct but I really prefer sleeping on the wedge.  This weekend my CPAP pillow arrived and last night I tried it on top of the wedge and my AHI was .5 - lower than it has ever been, even with a lot of mask leaks (I am working on that).

Note though that I am talking about people who have BPPV - I highly recommend that anyone who has dizziness / vertigo get it diagnosed. 

-Ellen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 206 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,970 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 508 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,825 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 452 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.