Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Anyone Heard Of EFT or Tapping?
It is to relieve stress and rewire the brain to promote positive thoughts. My sister claims it works as well as other swear by it. I think it has helped me some in a few days. Takes little time and can't hurt.

So, has anyone tried it here and if so how is it helping? Some of you mi:dielaughing:ght roll on the floor laughing.
04-20-2012 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Anyone Heard Of EFT or Tapping?
It sounds like a version of neuro linguistic programing (NLP).

I think if it works for you, good. It's all about what you put your belief in. Same with any kind of mental therapy or exercises.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-20-2012 07:45 PM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex

Other Comments:

(04-20-2012 07:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  It sounds like a version of neuro linguistic programing (NLP).

I think if it works for you, good. It's all about what you put your belief in. Same with any kind of mental therapy or exercises.

Probably so. It says it is a healing tool based on the bodies' subtle energy systems and meridians. Anyone can check it out at [commerical link removed per Apnea Board Rules]. It does help to go to sleep. You tap repeatedly on certain parts of your body, such as side of hand right under the pinky finger, between eyebrows, side of eyes, under nose and the chin dent under lip, chest bone, and under the arm by where a bra would be. Takes about three minutes and you do this while saying positive affirmations. Example, I deeply and completely accept myself. Releasing the stress in my body, letting it go, letting go of the overwhelm, letting it go, ending with tapping center top of head. Keeps one focused at least to calm thoughts of anger etc. Ok, y'all stop laughing. It helps. And before you begin rate the issue and after see if it still feels like a 10. Oh, forgot on eye bones under the eye, and a few inches down and out on chest with both hands /fingers. I hear those snickers again........... Try it and see if it helps you, and let me know. Curious.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. If you'd like to refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier (DME or Durable Medical Equipment retail store), please read our instructions on how to do that - guidelines are placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of our forums). If you would like to help another member with a commercial link that does not lead to CPAP supplier, please either send them a Private Message (PM), or post your link in our Commercial Posts Forum - you may then direct others to that post. Thanks for your understanding.
-----
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 08:05 PM by Schnauzers 5.)
04-20-2012 08:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Moving this thread to the Off-topic forum, since it's not clear to me that this is CPAP or sleep apnea related. Thanks all, please feel free to continue the discussion here.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-20-2012 08:29 PM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments:

(04-20-2012 08:29 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Moving this thread to the Off-topic forum, since it's not clear to me that this is CPAP or sleep apnea related. Thanks all, please feel free to continue the discussion here.

Sorry about posting the link. I didn't realize it was wrong. Just wanted to explain what it is. Now I am thinking it is just another weird thing my sister found. She often finds weird stuff to do. She also spent a lot of money on a machine that changes tap water to alkaline; believing that is more healthy. I had a dream about the issue I am having with someone who hit my car door and refuses to have it fixed...also owes me money for taking care of her nine dogs. I thought it would remove the anger, but it is still very much in my mind. So I wondered if anyone had heard of this technique. Spose' to stimulate areas like acupuncture. So I dunno. ??????????? She believes a lot of odd things and maybe believing is the key. I question things more.
04-21-2012 09:33 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

It is a mix of acupuncture pressure points, NLP, and a few other stuff thrown in.

While I can see how it might make you less angry at that moment in time, I don't see how it would cause you to instantly (or progressively) forgive someone. This is something one does on their own. Yes, stress management helps but ultimately it comes down to the person.

I see things like this to be the same as fad diets. You rely on that diet to help you lose weight, instead of changing and creating habits. As soon as you stop the fad diet, you go right back to the bad or insufficient habits.

In other words, learn to let go of grudges on your own.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

04-21-2012 11:39 AM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

(04-21-2012 09:33 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  I had a dream about the issue I am having with someone who hit my car door and refuses to have it fixed...also owes me money for taking care of her nine dogs. I thought it would remove the anger, but it is still very much in my mind.

If you are still angry with this person, you will have to learn how to deal with your anger. There are things you can do to help you deal with anger, but there is no magic bullet.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-21-2012 01:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments:

(04-21-2012 01:16 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(04-21-2012 09:33 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  I had a dream about the issue I am having with someone who hit my car door and refuses to have it fixed...also owes me money for taking care of her nine dogs. I thought it would remove the anger, but it is still very much in my mind.

If you are still angry with this person, you will have to learn how to deal with your anger. There are things you can do to help you deal with anger, but there is no magic bullet.

Perhaps disappointed in the person, and their choices. If someone backed into your car door and refused to put in a claim or fix it. wouldn't that irk you? Seems inconsiderate and selfish to me. More to the story, but I don't want to dwell on it. I do think that even if I need to recite positive affirmations to aid in forgiveness, I am at least trying to forgive an forget.
04-22-2012 01:19 AM
zimlich Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics PR System One BiPap Auto SV Advanced
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed gel Nasal Mask
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 8-20 ASV, 8 EPAP,PS 12

Other Comments: I use the Quattro FFM when necessary

Yeah, I'd be pretty irked if someone damaged my car and owed me money, too. I'm irked because my roommate's best friend asked for a table I made. Well, it had sentimental value (it was the first piece of furniture I made out of real wood for my first apartment), but wasn't being used. Since she was my roommates best friend I said ok. Now this woman has a habit of giving things to her kids so we joked on the way over there that we would tell her she would have to keep the table a year before she gave it to one of her kids. We got there and she wanted us to put the table (and I forgot to mention the handmade chairs) in the back yard because her daughter was coming over to get them. She had lied to me telling me the table was for her, but didn't want to go to the trouble to actually have the table put in her home to continue the pretense. I wish I'd loaded it all back up and taken it to the thrift store. I really need to forgive this one, if I never forget. Thanks for letting me rant. I hope you get your car fixed and your $ for taking care of the dogs. That reminds me of the time my neighbor asked me to take care of her four pets (2 dogs not housebroken) for three weeks which turned out to be three weeks and six days... Rats.

No, never heard of tapping until now.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2012 09:20 AM by zimlich.)
05-21-2012 09:10 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments:

Actually, things did work out. I had sa much lower estimate that I would never use to fix my car. That estimate caused her to give me that amnt which was half the traditional collision repairs were. The day I got the check at her home you would never guess we were not friends. We visited for more than an hour. I have since spoken to her several times about a common interest and it sees to have passed. We both signed agreements that the subject would never be spoken of again. We may never be great friends but we do communicate now and then. I even get cute emails from her. I have forgiven her and I think the tapping is just an aid to positive reinforcement and positive thinking. can't hurt.

I saw a woman on Anderson who married herself after a bitter divorce. It was significant to her and she says positive things to herself. If it helps her accept and love herself I think it is ok. Whatever works. I would not go so far as to have a wedding marrying myself, but reciting positive words to accept myself I think is good.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012 12:40 AM by Schnauzers 5.)
05-30-2012 12:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone heard from Herbm? justMongo 22 3,378 08-10-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: herbm