Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
I touched on this a little in a different thread but wanted to narrow it down to the subject. I can't reach my machine as easily as I would like to so decided to try the auto On/Off option. At first it didn't work, about a week ago, but then tried again last night. The "On" worked fine like the first time I tried it, but again, after taking it off after a few minutes to see what would happen it wouldn't turn off. So last night I tried a test, decided there might be a delay in the "Off" based on information from the other thread so let it stay off my head for 5 minutes, nothing, still stayed on, tried again one more time, same thing. So I thought whats the difference, I might as well leave it "On" all night, if it doesn't work I'll turn it off. Low and behold it may have a memory recognition for pressure as in the morning when I removed it, it turned right off! BUT, both the S9 AutoSet and SleepyHead did not capture the nights data. Thinking-about, guess I wasn't compliant last night!Dont-know, anyone else had this happen? I slept at least 10 hours plus. Best numbers yet for my AHI!Too-funny
[Image: 2012-11-24_1406SH4.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
(11-24-2012, 02:32 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I can't reach my machine as easily as I would like to so decided to try the auto On/Off option.
if mountain will not come to mohamed ... mohamed must go to the mountain Too-funny
sorry me just push buttons .. just giving you Bump2 Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 04:19 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 02:32 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I can't reach my machine as easily as I would like to so decided to try the auto On/Off option.
if mountain will not come to mohamed ... mohamed must go to the mountain Too-funny
sorry me just push buttons .. just giving you Bump2 Sleep-well
Okay, Thank you for the Bump2, I just replied to Bump2 it up!Thanks

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Time tracking on the S9 is full of fail.

The times often seem to be screwed up if you check them during the day. Then when you check them the next day, they're often correct. Things are also screwy because the "day" usually starts and ends at noon.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use the Auto on/off. I'm not as lazy as you. Bigwink

But we have had other users complain of it not working.

As for the missing data, the other night I forgot to put the card in. I put it back in the morning but it only had the simple data, not the pretty graphs. No bigs except it was the night I was on drugs* and used the oximeter to see how I did "stoned".

*pain medication
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 05:11 PM)archangle Wrote: Time tracking on the S9 is full of fail.

The times often seem to be screwed up if you check them during the day. Then when you check them the next day, they're often correct. Things are also screwy because the "day" usually starts and ends at noon.

So it may be possible that I will see the correct readings tomorrow for the previous day?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto on is very iffy if you have a full face mask because the anti-asphyxia valve in the mask is open and you breathe in and out through the valve.

I don't recall people having trouble with auto on with nasal pillow masks. I could see auto off failing if the air resistance of a nasal pillow mask is too high.

Try disconnecting the hose from the mask and seeing if auto off works that way.

On my S9, it shuts off within 5 seconds or so.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 05:27 PM)archangle Wrote: Auto on is very iffy if you have a full face mask because the anti-asphyxia valve in the mask is open and you breathe in and out through the valve.

I don't recall people having trouble with auto on with nasal pillow masks. I could see auto off failing if the air resistance of a nasal pillow mask is too high.

Try disconnecting the hose from the mask and seeing if auto off works that way.

On my S9, it shuts off within 5 seconds or so.
I did that last night, disconnected the short hose and it turned right off. That was why I was thinking it might have some sort of pressure memory recognition that figures it out through the night and that was why it turned right off in the morning.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 05:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I don't use the Auto on/off. I'm not as lazy as you. Bigwink

But we have had other users complain of it not working.

As for the missing data, the other night I forgot to put the card in. I put it back in the morning but it only had the simple data, not the pretty graphs. No bigs except it was the night I was on drugs* and used the oximeter to see how I did "stoned".

*pain medication
I'll probably try it without the auto on/off tonight and see if the data for the last two nights is registered on the card. If the auto doesn't register correctly I won't use it as I want to monitor my therapy the best I can. So I take it you probably slept well the other night?Dielaughing
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Tim-- When I first got my Autoset, I recall trying the auto on/off feature, but I found that movement of the hose and or mask after getting up during the night could start the full blower function before I had the mask back on. Since I did not want to add any false leakage reading to the data and didn't care much for the noise of the blower running without any resistance at the hose end, I turned the feature off and have left it off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 198 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 633 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 3,047 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 625 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 617 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,084 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,454 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.