Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
RE: Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
(11-24-2012, 07:51 PM)Dawei Wrote: Tim-- When I first got my Autoset, I recall trying the auto on/off feature, but I found that movement of the hose and or mask after getting up during the night could start the full blower function before I had the mask back on. Since I did not want to add any false leakage reading to the data and didn't care much for the noise of the blower running without any resistance at the hose end, I turned the feature off and have left it off.
Okay, Thank you for the reply. I'll probably rearrange my set-up a bit then. I use a Hospital Bed and a few other things make it a bit more difficult to reach the button as the machine is on the right side of my bed which puts the hose closer. I don't really have the option for a left side set-up. I just figured may be a way to make things easier when getting up during the night for BR trips. When I get up in the morning I just roll my bedside table out the way and then turn off the machine. There's a few cords though I don't want to "yank" off during the night so the option seemed attractive! Nothing critical,Coffee
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a thick dowel (whatever fits best in your hand) of the length you need. Then get one of those thingies that you put on the wall so when the bottom of a door hits it, it won't go through. Heck, you could use any hook that you think would work for the weight and angle you need.

Put that hook on the end. Viola. Use it to tap the machine button.

Where's your imagination, man!?

Go to the Lowes website and do a search for "Gatehouse Econo". One of the springy door stops would work if it was a stiff enough spring you can tap and it not bend. Or use a double hook and dip it in plasti-dip to soften it so it won't scratch your machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 08:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Take a thick dowel (whatever fits best in your hand) of the length you need. Then get one of those thingies that you put on the wall so when the bottom of a door hits it, it won't go through. Heck, you could use any hook that you think would work for the weight and angle you need.

Put that hook on the end. Viola. Use it to tap the machine button.

Where's your imagination, man!?

Go to the Lowes website and do a search for "Gatehouse Econo". One of the springy door stops would work if it was a stiff enough spring you can tap and it not bend. Or use a double hook and dip it in plasti-dip to soften it so it won't scratch your machine.
You sure are a creative one!Too-funny But hey, that's a good thing, I'll think of something, just don't be disappointed if I don't go with your idea this time!Dielaughing But at least you got me thinkingThinking-about
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had my S9 for about 2 months. The 1st 3 weeks it worked 100% of the time. Now it only seems to work about 60% of the time or less. I have noticed the auto on/off getting less reliable over time. I decided to run some tests so I removed the hose, inhaled with it up to my mouth and the S9 turns on every time with the 1st 1/2 breath.

I figure it must be the valve. Everything has a failure rate. It's funny the suppliers will replace the mask cushion once a month on my insurance plan, but not the 2 other replaceable parts. I will have to ask on that.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 08:51 PM)bryank1 Wrote: I have had my S9 for about 2 months. The 1st 3 weeks it worked 100% of the time. Now it only seems to work about 60% of the time or less. I have noticed the auto on/off getting less reliable over time. I decided to run some tests so I removed the hose, inhaled with it up to my mouth and the S9 turns on every time with the 1st 1/2 breath.

I figure it must be the valve. Everything has a failure rate. It's funny the suppliers will replace the mask cushion once a month on my insurance plan, but not the 2 other replaceable parts. I will have to ask on that.
I'm using the Nasal Pillows, I guess I'd rather have more accurate recording vs. ease of making bathroom trips at night! I am going to see if the data on the card changed since last night tomorrow to see if that was part of the issue. Appreciate all the replies and information. As mentioned above it seems others have had issues with the auto on/off also.

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the auto on/off function since commencing on cpap therapy in September without problem. I don't remove my mask for bathroom trips, I only disconnect the elbow from the mask to reduce the need to readjust the straps when back in bed
Post Reply Post Reply
you can make a shelf wide enough next to your bed to place the machine on
Supplier #1 ... look for CPAP bedside holder
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 09:13 PM)2Tim215 Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 08:51 PM)bryank1 Wrote: I have had my S9 for about 2 months. The 1st 3 weeks it worked 100% of the time. Now it only seems to work about 60% of the time or less. I have noticed the auto on/off getting less reliable over time. I decided to run some tests so I removed the hose, inhaled with it up to my mouth and the S9 turns on every time with the 1st 1/2 breath.

I'm using the Nasal Pillows, I guess I'd rather have more accurate recording vs. ease of making bathroom trips at night! I am going to see if the data on the card changed since last night tomorrow to see if that was part of the issue. Appreciate all the replies and information. As mentioned above it seems others have had issues with the auto on/off also.

I would thing there must also be a valve in the pillow type as well. There S9. I had the same problem, not having a table for the device. I commandeered a small folding wood table my wife bought from a common store that sells bed, kitchen & linen supplies. She said they came in a set of 4 tables for $30. Nice thing is it is right at bed height so I can easily reach the button.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 08:39 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: You sure are a creative one!Too-funny But hey, that's a good thing, I'll think of something, just don't be disappointed if I don't go with your idea this time!Dielaughing But at least you got me thinkingThinking-about

I've been adapting for a while so I gots lots o' tricks.

There is the option someone else said of just disconnecting the mask hose from the machine hose, do your business, then reconnect when you get back. You'll get wonky data but just note what time it is so you can determine which wonky is what.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 09:19 PM)Allen Wrote: I have used the auto on/off function since commencing on cpap therapy in September without problem. I don't remove my mask for bathroom trips, I only disconnect the elbow from the mask to reduce the need to readjust the straps when back in bed

Hi Allen, Any problems with data recording with SleepyHead? I only had about 1 1/2 hours of data last night show up when entering into SleepyHead although it was on all night. The machine read the same so it appears it isn't SleepyHead but the AutoSet itself. SD card was not locked, and inserted properly.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,994 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,388 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.