Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
RE: Anyone Using Auto On/Off w/S9 AutoSet?
It looks like I'm past the on/off feature working. My issue is shown in the first Post where the AutoSet only recorded 1:07 of data although it was on all night. It should have shown at least 10+ hours. I appreciate all of the ideas, at least most of themLaugh-a-lot, just kidding Paula, oops, did I say that out loud? Okay but seriously, if the feature worked it would be great, if not I'll move the machine closer one way or the other as suggested. Appreciate the help. Again, accurate data is more important than using the feature if its faulty or not reliable over time.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
See that hammer as my avatar? I am not afraid to use it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 01:00 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: See that hammer as my avatar? I am not afraid to use it.

Yeah, I have the bumps on my head to prove it. Bigwink Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 08:51 PM)bryank1 Wrote: I have had my S9 for about 2 months. The 1st 3 weeks it worked 100% of the time. Now it only seems to work about 60% of the time or less. I have noticed the auto on/off getting less reliable over time. I decided to run some tests so I removed the hose, inhaled with it up to my mouth and the S9 turns on every time with the 1st 1/2 breath.

Auto on really "shouldn't" work with a FFM at all. It's only leakage in the anti-asphyxia valve that lets it work sometimes.

There's no valve in the pillow masks. I'm a little puzzled that it doesn't work for some pillow mask users. Maybe there just isn't enough air leaking out through the pillows to make the machine shut off. I suppose nasal pillows wouldn't let as much air leak out as a nasal or FF mask.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, even with a FFM, you may be able to make it start if you put your hand over the port on the anti-asphyxia valve, exhale first, then inhale and exhale a few times.

Or just a few heavy, quick inhales and exhales.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Mixed apnea and have a Philips Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced (951P)

I Turn the Auto on feature on Via the Clinical manual

There is No auto off in the Settings of the above Machine for safety Reasons

The above machine Forces you too Breath so if auto off was Set cold be interesting

i Know most masks have a anti suffocation valve

so that's why i think my machine doesn't have the setting in the menu
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 05:11 PM)archangle Wrote: Time tracking on the S9 is full of fail.

The times often seem to be screwed up if you check them during the day. Then when you check them the next day, they're often correct. Things are also screwy because the "day" usually starts and ends at noon.
I think you are right! When I inserted the SD Card today and clicked on the 23rd all info was there!Thanks
That means it should fineDancing, I just have to wait before uploading from the SD Card!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 01:00 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: See that hammer as my avatar? I am not afraid to use it.

I wondered about that hammer!Unsure
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 02:34 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Yeah, I have the bumps on my head to prove it. Bigwink Too-funny

I'll have to be careful then, my therapy is improving, I'll try to avoid the "extra" help from the hammer!Too-funny
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 03:49 AM)archangle Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 08:51 PM)bryank1 Wrote: I have had my S9 for about 2 months. The 1st 3 weeks it worked 100% of the time. Now it only seems to work about 60% of the time or less. I have noticed the auto on/off getting less reliable over time. I decided to run some tests so I removed the hose, inhaled with it up to my mouth and the S9 turns on every time with the 1st 1/2 breath.

Auto on really "shouldn't" work with a FFM at all. It's only leakage in the anti-asphyxia valve that lets it work sometimes.

There's no valve in the pillow masks. I'm a little puzzled that it doesn't work for some pillow mask users. Maybe there just isn't enough air leaking out through the pillows to make the machine shut off. I suppose nasal pillows wouldn't let as much air leak out as a nasal or FF mask.
Just an update here. I completely took apart my FFM last night and cleaned the other parts as well as the daily cushion clean per manufacturers video. Cleaned the flapper valve and the other small silicone valve. The auto on-off seems to work well now. Ive tested it several times. I simply wasn't aware until reading another post that those other parts are recommended to be cleaned as well. No doubt the valve gets formation of particulates that build up and more than likely throw it out of balance. If you look at the valve up close and shake the mask, it moves from fine movement. It is finely balanced.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,995 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 598 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 583 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,389 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.