Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
Is anyone else using this machine?

I just got it two weeks ago, having a very dificult time getting used to the high pressure.

What data program do you use? None of mine work.

EncoreBasic V 2.2.2.0
EncorePro V 2.5.21.0
SleepyHead V 0.9.6

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P
The best thing I can suggest is that you try installing EncoreBasic on an old 32-bit Win XP machine! One member posted that that was the only way he could get data.

You could try lowering the pressure until you get used to the machine, but check with your doc first.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Using Philips BiPAP AVAPS C Series Mod #1160P?
I am using an old 32 bit XP machine. Do you know what version of EncoreBasic he used?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it was EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0. Here's the post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid77106
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2014, 09:11 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I think it was EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0. Here's the post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid77106

Sleepster;

I am using the Philips AVAPS mod 1160P "ventilator", is anyone else using this machine? I don't think the people in your referenced thread are using this machine.

Thanks, Jim G.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2014, 08:04 PM)jjgereg Wrote: Is anyone else using this machine?

I just got it two weeks ago, having a very dificult time getting used to the high pressure.

(07-27-2014, 12:23 PM)jjgereg Wrote: I am using the Philips AVAPS mod 1160P "ventilator", is anyone else using this machine?

Hi jjgereg,

Sorry cannot help with software questions.

What settings is your machine using, and what were the settings for your previous machine?

Also, if you look at the data which comes with the nasal pillows or which is available on the manufacturer's website, are the pillows recommended for pressures higher than 20 cm H2O?

If you ever need to try a full face mask, I suggest the ResMed AirFit F10, with RemZzz mask liners. IPAP occasionally gets up to around 24 or 25 on my machine, and the F10 mask plus liner works pretty well.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2014, 02:21 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(07-26-2014, 08:04 PM)jjgereg Wrote: Is anyone else using this machine?

(07-27-2014, 12:23 PM)jjgereg Wrote: I am using the Philips AVAPS mod 1160P "ventilator", is anyone else using this machine?

Hi jjgereg,

Sorry cannot help with software questions.

What settings is your machine using, and what were the settings for your previous machine?

Also, if you look at the data which comes with the nasal pillows or which is available on the manufacturer's website, are the pillows recommended for pressures higher than 20 cm H2O?

If you ever need to try a full face mask, I suggest the ResMed AirFit F10, with RemZzz mask liners. IPAP occasionally gets up to around 24 or 25 on my machine, and the F10 mask plus liner works pretty well.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Vaughn;

The pressure settings for this AVAPS machine are different from other CPAPS. The machine is set for a pressure range, now set at 19 - 30 cm. Then it tries to maintain a constant tidal volume, now set at 550 by varying pressure within that range. I have seen 27 cm when I wake up with the mask leaking (nasal P10 or full face F10).

The nasal mask is recommended for 4 - 20 cm.

I have a F10 mask. What is a RemZzz mask liner? Does it help with the seal at high pressures?

I guess I will have to go back to the DR's clinic for another mask fitting. The DME is useless. The DR's clinic recommended my masks using a lower pressure.

I would still love to get the printout from this machine to see what is happening in detail. I wish I could find someone else who is using this machine.

Thank you for your help

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 12:32 PM)jjgereg Wrote:
(07-27-2014, 02:21 PM)vsheline Wrote: What settings is your machine using, and what were the settings for your previous machine?

The pressure settings for this AVAPS machine are different from other CPAPS. The machine is set for a pressure range, now set at 19 - 30 cm. Then it tries to maintain a constant tidal volume, now set at 550 by varying pressure within that range....

I have a F10 mask. What is a RemZzz mask liner? Does it help with the seal at high pressures?

Hi jjgereg,

Yes, for me the RemZzz mask liners completely eliminate bothersome large leaks, even at high pressures. The small amount of leaking which may still occur is softer, more diffused and not bothersome.

The trick with mask liners is we need to gently fold the liner toward the bridge of our nose, away from our eye lashes, so the eye lashes are not touched at all by the liner, which would be majorly bothersome.

The other trick is to not follow the directions to stretch the liner. Although stretching the liner according to the manufacturer's directions would tend to keep the liner from touching our face or eye lashes, it would also make it hard to use the liner more than one time. I use a single liner about 4 to 7 days, by being careful to avoid stretching the liner. In future I plan to make my own liners out of a material which does not get stretched out so easily.

What are the following settings on the AVAPS machine?
EPAP
IPAP Min
IPAP Max

What settings were used on your previous machine?

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure settings for this AVAPS machine are different from other CPAPS. The machine is set for a pressure range, now set at 19 - 30 cm. Then it tries to maintain a constant tidal volume, now set at 550 by varying pressure within that range....

What are the following settings on the AVAPS machine?
EPAP
IPAP Min
IPAP Max

What settings were used on your previous machine?

Take care,
--- Vaughn
[/quote]

Vaughn;

The new machine AVAPS mod 1160 settings:
EPAP = 12
IPAP Min = 19
IPAP Max = 30

The old machine BiPAP AutoVS mod 950
Max Press = 25
Epap Min = 6
Epap Max = 15

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Jim G.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2014, 07:50 PM)jjgereg Wrote: The new machine AVAPS mod 1160 settings:
EPAP = 12
IPAP Min = 19
IPAP Max = 30

The old machine BiPAP AutoVS mod 950
Max Press = 25
Epap Min = 6
Epap Max = 15

Hi jjgereg,

What were the min and max Pressure Support settings on the model 950?

Do you still have the model 950 machine so you can look at its data to see the maximum EPAP and 90 percentile EPAP which the machine was auto-adjusting itself to?

If the EPAP of 12 is too low on your new machine, you could be getting more obstructive events than you should. Not sure if that could somehow be contributing to why your IPAP is getting so high.

On the new machine, Pressure Support is varying from 7 (which is 19 minus 12) up to 15 (which is 27 minus 12). This seems high to me. (For example, I read on the ResMed website that a PS of 10 is usually adequate to do all the work of breathing for a person with normally healthy lungs.)

I suggest using a wrist-mounted recording Pulse Oximeter with separate finger sensor cup (these are more comfortable to wear all night or for multiple nights, compared to the more economical ones where the whole unit clips on a finger with greater pressure) to monitor your saturation percentage of O2 (SpO2) at night. Supplier 19 sells them. (A link to our Supplier List is given at top of all forum pages.)

At least one forum member managed to get her doctor to precisely prescribe and her insurance company to pay for the very expensive Pulse Oximeter which plugs directly into the CPAP machine, but I think most insurance companies don't cover Pulse Oximeters because they are normally non-prescription items.

If your SpO2 is spending most of the night above 96% (94% to 96% is widely considered optimal and less than 90% or 89% is widely considered too low) then I would suggest asking your doctor to consider lowering the target tidal Volume (Vt).

If your doctor lowers the target Vt, presumably the PS would not need to adjust itself so high, and the amount of leaking would be reduced.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,875 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 54 4,797 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TimaaaaaaaahRocks
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,800 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,879 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 347 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 468 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,211 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.