Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone Using the Airfit F20 FFM?
Anyone Using the Airfit F20 FFM?
Just got one today. Just interested in your experience using it/personal reviews, etc. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone Using the Airfit F20 FFM?
I have used it since it was introduced. Previously I used the F10. It is the best mask for me so far. Here is a link on someone else's experience. When you place the mask on, place it on your nose bridge with the rest off the mask away from your face and slide it up into position . Then pivot the mask against your face. This helps to get the most contact area on your nose bridge.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-F20-Leaks

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried it for a few days and I had the wrong fit (too big).  Despite that, I did like the lightweight feel as well as the ease of use with the magnets.  I will keep it as a spare.  How are you faring with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was the first in my local area to get one and I'm still using it. Love it. I personally think it seals better than the F10 and seems to hold its position better for those of us who move around a bit more at night.

Car54 is quite right, though...I find you need to place nose first, then the rest of the mask and then do up the headgear....trying to adjust it is a bit more challenging with the headgear on. I find that if I do need to adjust it and don't want to take it all the way off, sliding fingers under the seal works better than trying to pull it away from my face and reset it. That seal can balloon out a lot which is part of why it seals so well....it can follow your face in different positions and if not set "just so", but it somewhat negates the old quick 'n easy "pull it and place it" from other masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the F20 for over a month and it is the best FFM I have ever used. Initially I had some issues with leakage but they have been resolved and my 90% and average leak rates have been 0 and under 2L/m for about three weeks. I haven't had to make any adjustments to the headgear in over three weeks and the original cushion still looks like new. It is very comfortable for a FFM. The only negative is that the headgear strap that goes over the top of the head is not adjustable. The headgear does come in three sizes. I have not been able to find anything on headgear size selection.

I posted some negative experience in the thread referenced by Car54 but they have all been resolved.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
likeThis mask is fabulous.  I finally found my forever mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although it is the best full face mask I have yet tried, I still like my Airfit P10 (even using a chinstrap) a lot more.

There is a lot to recommend about the F20 though. Very light, magnetic headgear system that works very well, excellent cushion system. It's a great full face mask for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to sliding the upper seal up your nose  to get a good seal, one needs to ensure that it goes far enough up your nasal bridge that the cushion rests against your brow in order to optimize the seal. Because of the fact that I fasten one lower headstrap and then the other and at my pressure the mask needs to be fairly tight (despite what some say). The mask sometime gets a little cockeyed and I get a little leak into my eye. I just tuck the cushion in a little more with my finger and presto no more leaks.

I like the F20 mask a lot and find it a little more comfortable than my Mirage Quattro and a little less stuff on my face. I purchased a pair of Padacheek strap sleeves for the lower straps. They are narrower than the straps on the Mirage Quattro and were biting into the back of my neck uncomfortably. Fixed that problem. It is a little easier with the F20 to slide your lower lip outside the seal like for a big yawn. Just have to be careful about that.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
PychoMike, I completely agree with you. I slide my fingers under the seal to reseal it.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, the F10 headgear works on the F20 (I know a couple people who like the F10 headgear better as it is a bit more stretchy).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,980 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,126 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.