Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone able to help me read my machine first night
Sad 
Anyone able to help me read my machine first night
Okay so this is my first night 

my air was 12 that was the max i set it to while in automode 

i am a bit scared that i accidently set it to 12

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone able to help me read my machine first night
According to your photos, the setting is Auto between 4 and 14, and 12 was the maximum that it got to while auto-adjusting in that range. It looks OK to me, with a nice low AHI (not bad for first night!).
Post Reply Post Reply
Ty i was so scared that i set it to 12
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2018, 01:29 PM)pinkkarma Wrote: Ty i was so scared that i set it to 12

Not to worry. That's an excellent first night, with no mask leaks and an unusually low AHI for a newbie. I'm envious. Smile Just at first glance it seems like you and the N20 are getting along fine so far.

I always forget to say "Welcome to AB", but welcome to AB and I'm sure the actual welcoming committee will be along shortly to request your Sleepyhead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum pinkkarma.

WOW!!! Great looking first night. How do you feel today? I hope you feel more rested.
Your AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index) is showing as 1 -- That is GREAT!!

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on doing so well. I see from your profile that you have SleepyHead. I suggest you post some data as described in the links below. It will be interesting to see what the pressure readings were throughout the night. Many feel air starved at a minimum of 4 and it may be advantageous to increase that to 5 or 6 but it would be good to see the some data first.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
second night i was so sick but i got 10 hours of sleep with ahi of 0

I think i was just really sleep deprived the few last weeks

the average pressure my autoset machine uses is 13

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2018, 10:53 AM)pinkkarma Wrote: ... but i got 10 hours of sleep with ahi of 0

Congratulations on that! Way to go! That's spectacular, so early in the game.

Very unusual, I think. So you have good reason to be glad (thankful, whatever) about the way you've started out. And I feel for the folks at the other end of the spectrum who are struggling with discomfort and anxiety.

I have to wonder what percentage of CPAP patients have no serious problems with it from the start. It must be a tiny number. One statistic that is often quoted around here is that more than 50% of all CPAP patients give it up within the first ... what is it, six or twelve months? That's sort of scary because it would seem to imply that what the doctors & therapists are recommending is in some way a wrong approach. But I think the problems are almost all psychological, and the medical professionals don't know what else to recommend ... nor should they, necessarily. After all, the treatment works for the vast majority of patients when it is used consistently. And modern masks (super-lightweight, small faceprint) are ab fab compared to the clunkers (WW1 gas masks) that CPAP patients used to have to put up with. Which I guess could devolve into that old "You kids ought to be grateful for what you've got! Why, when I was your age ..." and so on. (Wake up at dawn, milk the cows, slop the pigs, trudge six miles across the tundra to the one-room schoolhouse, etc.)
Post Reply Post Reply
So is the secret answer to all the other newbies who are having problems "Try an N20 mask"?

(Just asking; I haven't used an N20 so far.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2018, 11:15 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: So is the secret answer to all the other newbies who are having problems "Try an N20 mask"?

(Just asking; I haven't used an N20 so far.)

I would not think so.  I happen to use the N20, and it works for some.  A great many do best with a pillow type, some need a full coverage mask.  Some need a given type of mask and the additional support of a cervical collar.  Some correct most of their troubles only with a collar!  Or they lose weight and use a collar.  One size, one type, doesn't work for all people.

It is incumbent upon all of us to figure out how to get the optimal treatment.  We need help, even guidance and monitoring, but eventually we should all understand what works best for us, and why.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 275 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,273 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 551 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 841 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 474 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 885 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 605 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.