Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Analysis of Oscar waveforms
RE: Analysis of Oscar waveforms
Flow limitations are complicated, I wouldn't worry about them too much. This night was back to looking like first night which is pretty good. Still a bit of snore and stuff that makes me think obstruction is present and it was enough to raise your EPAP to an average of 7 and high of almost 9. I still think you should try higher EPAP, increase slowly (1 or 2 points every week or two) if you can't make the change at once.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2021, 10:17 AM)Geer1 Wrote: raise your EPAP (1 or 2 points every week or two)

Yes that's now Plan A.
Plan B, positions and pillows, I need to read up on that. I go to sleep on my side and end up on my back with my chin on my chest.
Plan C, lose 100lbs.

I changed my mask from an Airtouch F20 to F&P Vitera, the F20 had a problem at the nose bridge.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK let's look at things this way, just to change it up.

Don't look at data to answer these.

Can you accept AHI 0.0? Is it comfortable? If not, what isn't? Did you sleep well?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 11:41 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW most that use an ASV seem to have some business on the FL chart. Mostly for me, because I'm almost always the odd one in the mix, the FL was fairly low to zero for me. At least frequently, but not always.

That makes sense - the areas of my chart where I'm not throwing centrals every 30-60 seconds, I'm having big spikes of FL, which then tails off and the huge smear of central flags starts up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I mean you could chase FL with the ResMed ASV if you really want to. Just like VAuto or AutoSet, either raise Min PS or add extra EPAP Min. BUT it's probably not worth the time to chase, unless there's nothing else to fix and you still feel badly. However, the feeling bad may have nothing to do with Apnea after an ASV gets done.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's definitely something I'll look at if/when my doctor gets his butt into gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 0 and almost 6 hours of good sleep.
Thanks to everyone. 
It's 4am and I'm wide awake, fully rested. Couch potato time.
I no longer have, morning, bags under my eyes. Noticed this after my first session on the ASV.
Not worried about the snore score. I think it's a false signal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! I'm so glad to see you're feeling good and fully rested, even after a relatively short sleep. I hope this is the start of a good thing and as long as you're still feeling great, then I wouldn't bother chasing the data much further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost a 8 hours, Low AHI. 
Thanks for all the help.
Plan A is now to lose 100 lbs. So that's a different forum/website.
My last post. Again thanks for leading me to quick results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful news! And even better, it looks like at least the hypopneas were possibly artefacts too (one at the very start of the session and one around the same time as a big leak.

Good luck with your next endeavours, and pop in sometimes to let us know how you're doing. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these waveforms represent an arousal BigWing 2 106 03-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,400 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 868 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.