Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else do this?
Anyone else do this?
I do much better with a full face mask but I can’t make it through the entire night with it on. When I wake up with it on I just can’t go back to sleep. 

What I have been doing, is I get 3 to 4 hours and wake up I change masks to my pillow type mask and get another 3to 5 hours. I have leakage with the pillows mask BUT half a night without leaks with the FFM.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone else do this?
I hear you.

I have tried a F&P Vitera for the last two nights.  First night I did exactly what you did and switched back to my nasal mask half way through.  I had not adjusted the FFM properly so, ironically, the nasal mask was less leaky!

Last night I went a bit longer, only waking slightly before my normal weekday alarm time.  I considered switching to my nasal mask and sleeping in but just got up a little early instead.  It's a good thing I am not overly concerned about my MyAir points because it means I did not sleep for 7 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone else do this?
When I work late at night and think I might fall asleep, I use a Respironics DreamWear nasal mask for its superior visibility with my glasses. Should I fall asleep and wake suddenly, I will switch back to my leak-resistant go-to mask, the ResMed Mirage Activa LT.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.