Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else freak themselves out using SleepyHead the first time?
RE: Anyone else freak themselves out using SleepyHead the first time?
(12-16-2014, 11:50 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 08:30 PM)Amie87 Wrote: Unfortunately I can't tell when I'm awake and when I'm asleep

If that's the case you need more help than just the PAP! Dielaughing

lol Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
Serious questions;
So how you feeling after these first few days?
Well rested? Ready to take on the new day feeling better?

Not too serious questions;
Ready for breakfast? How about some pancakes with that coffee, or tea, or hot chocolate?

[Image: breakfast-inventions14.jpg]
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 11:26 AM)Galactus Wrote: Serious questions;
So how you feeling after these first few days?
Well rested? Ready to take on the new day feeling better?

Not too serious questions;
Ready for breakfast? How about some pancakes with that coffee, or tea, or hot chocolate?

That's a pretty sweet frying pan!!

Sadly, not as energetic as I was hoping Sad. But I'm still optimistic. The last two nights I was able to keep the mask on the whole night, with the one night being for about 6h and last night I believe was about 8h!

I'm still having episodes but they are under ten, hovering around the 5. But I can see on sleepyhead that I have a lot more "episodes" but they don't last a full 10 seconds and therefor are not counted. I'll have to wait until next month for another sleep study to see if my oxygen is affected or not.

I also realize that it's not an instant cure. With my increasing chronic fatigue, I have become less active and more tired. Simply being less active will make a person tired, so I think the better sleep and being more active will go hand in hand. --And the first three nights I didn't sleep much, it was only the last two that I had decent sleep, but I still woke up a few times. I'm sure in time I'll be sleeping through the night Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't this look weird? I'll long periods where my breathing is pretty uniformed, and then I get a lot of theses, where's random, and a lot with long pauses. If it counted pauses of say, 7 and up or so, I bet my AHI would more then double, if not triple. Idk, I guess we'll see what the dr says next month Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
after a few more days you'll recognize that the strange feeling you are experiencing has a name - "rest".

I have been gradually getting better but also showed AHI in the high 6's, thru low 10's, lots of events all clumped together. Just like you, I had a lot of shorter pauses. I created a user flag UF1 that was 8 seconds, and this got most of the remaining 'events'.

I thought - this has to be affecting my oxygen level. So, I got a pulse oximeter to check. About the time I got the pulse oximeter, my activity settled down a little bit. The remaining activity is not reducing my oxygen level beyond the established limit of 88%, and usually not even as low as 90%. So, no O2 danger, and I am happy enough with my 6 - 10 AHI to see if time will heal. Not freaking about my numbers, cuz way better than 27 AHI overall, and 55 AHI on my back.

update: The trace you provided shows 18 respirations evenly distributed in 83 seconds. Looks fine to me, having your insp time of about 2 seconds, and expr time of about 2.6 seconds. The machine seems to pick up the hint you are shifting from insp to expr because it is reacting and giving a pulse of 4 to 7 and back to 4.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,448 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 623 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 174 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 811 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.