Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else have ear popping on swallowing?
Anyone else have ear popping on swallowing?
Lately more and more when I go to bed after putting on the machine I am breathing and have to swallow, and when I do my ears pop like when you get on a plane and your ears get that pop thing going on. Anyone else? Anyone find a way to stop it? It is a bit annoying.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone else have ear popping on swallowing?
(09-02-2014, 06:53 PM)Galactus Wrote: Anyone find a way to stop it? It is a bit annoying.

Yes. The pillows go in your nose, not your ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2014, 06:58 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 06:53 PM)Galactus Wrote: Anyone find a way to stop it? It is a bit annoying.

Yes. The pillows go in your nose, not your ears.

Oh man, 6 moths and been doing it wrong all this time?? I wondered why the pillows were so close together!

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2014, 06:53 PM)Galactus Wrote: Lately more and more when I go to bed after putting on the machine I am breathing and have to swallow, and when I do my ears pop like when you get on a plane and your ears get that pop thing going on. Anyone else? Anyone find a way to stop it? It is a bit annoying.

It's normal and I don't know what you can do about it.

The pressure in your throat is greater than the pressure outside your ears, which makes them pop when your eustation tubes open.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 09:00 AM)Terry Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 06:53 PM)Galactus Wrote: Lately more and more when I go to bed after putting on the machine I am breathing and have to swallow, and when I do my ears pop like when you get on a plane and your ears get that pop thing going on. Anyone else? Anyone find a way to stop it? It is a bit annoying.

The pressure in your throat is greater than the pressure outside your ears, which makes them pop when your eustation tubes open.

Here on the beautiful Oregon coast we do not have eustation tubes. We have rustation tubes instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 11:15 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Here on the beautiful Oregon coast we do not have eustation tubes. We have rustation tubes instead.

That's why you folks drink so much coffee. It's a rust-remover. lots-o-coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 11:15 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 09:00 AM)Terry Wrote:

Here on the beautiful Oregon coast we do not have eustation tubes. We have rustation tubes instead.

I'll give you a rustation tube, pow right in the kisser!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question Popping noise from Resmed elbow Proth 1 663 09-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 525 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  Ears popping from full face mask arborgent 0 391 01-20-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: arborgent
  Need help with air swallowing so I can meet compliance requirements Harmon 3 545 01-16-2023, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Harmon
  SOLVED - ResMed Aircurve 10 popping noise FJ40 18 11,939 11-29-2022, 02:30 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  "Fullness"/Pressure in ears, ears popping. How can I stop this? JustAUser 0 544 10-13-2022, 07:00 AM
Last Post: JustAUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.