Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone else hungover today...
RE: Anyone else hungover today...
Ah.. an idea.
We should all make a checklist; and laminate it.
Like an aircraft preflight checklist.

It only works if you follow the check list every night.
(Otherwise, you fly into class B airspace with your mode C transponder still on standby mode -- "did I do that?")
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes, the old "but I thought I did ___" trick, eh??? (Think Maxwell Smart in
Get Smart" from an ooold TV show.)

I have not done that one, but I HAVE tried to put the entire headgear on backwards - caught that one fairly quickly; but did not catch putting the nasal pillows in the headgear upside down for one night - that goof showed up with a really high leak rate for the entire night.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2015, 01:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not think that eviltim was beating himself up - just getting a chuckle out of his own humanity.
Well, yes; because you guessing whether he was or not is what is important.

We don't know what the state of mind here is; it is not evident from the context. I was only posting something that I hoped would help anyone who goofs up, regardless of state of mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2015, 01:41 PM)justMongo Wrote: Ah.. an idea.
We should all make a checklist; and laminate it.
Like an aircraft preflight checklist.

It only works if you follow the check list every night.
(Otherwise, you fly into class B airspace with your mode C transponder still on standby mode -- "did I do that?")

Once had a Major Command flight eval as a nav and left my checklist on the first page - you know the one that says This is you checklist. Great evaluator, still gave me an exceptional qualified as he told be I didn't miss a single item during the entire flight. He mentioned it to me after the debrief to the commander. To save my soul I had to buy him a couple drinks at the club later. We used the same checklist for 5 different panel arrangements so you got quite good at memorizing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2015, 01:41 PM)justMongo Wrote: (Otherwise, you fly into class B airspace with your mode C transponder still on standby mode -- "did I do that?")

I hate it when that happens! I was thinking about making a list, but the prideful part of my brain says I won't make this mistake again. Of course I will, or I'll mess up something else, but IMO it's not too bad to miss 3 or 4 days in a year and remind me what I'm NOT missing out on with CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 816 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 964 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,108 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Just got a new machine today, Airsense 11 ! jellojeep 2 953 10-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jellojeep
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Unsure How to Deal with DME Today hyphicti 9 927 04-28-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.