Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone ever use a Fisher Paykel Pilairo mask?
RE: Anyone ever use a Fisher Paykel Pilairo mask?
Well, I may be trying the Pilaro this week. The P10 is a good mask, don't get me wrong....big improvement over the Swift FX...but my big schnozz and fairly active sleep mean I'm often in large leak land Sad

Masks are such an interesting PITA...I found one that gives me the best results from a treatment point of view (lots of 0 AHI, almost non-existent leaks), but it doesn't let me move around. The pillows let me move around, but my treatment suffers (sometimes a fair bit) and I get more leaks.

We'll see what the DME has for me to try out Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gone through N10, Wisp...both horrible even with Pada Cheek liners, done P10, moves too much, Tried NuancePro, the gel is hot and sticky, Nuance Cloth, lasted two days before the stitching gave way, no leaks and 0.0 AHI though!!......just ordered the Pilario...number 5 may be the one...or not...

Mask are such fun to try...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
you sound like me - P10, N10, F10 (which broke before I tried it), Nuance, Wisp, Pilairo Q.

I am coming to like the Wisp the best, but the cushions do lose their springiness. Every 2 week replacement seems about right for this mask Nuance by a hair over the Pilairo Q for #2 because of the more secure headgear. You do need to play around with the cushion sizes on all of these, except the Pilairo, of course. I prefer the Large to the Medium on the Nuance although the medium gets me slightly fewer leaks.

This past weekend, which I spent in the hospital, I used the Wisp exclusively. It worked well for me.

Keep plugging away, you'll find the best one for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I've got the Pillaro Q now with the "Y" headgear. If the bit of torture I put it through at the DME is any indication, this could be very good. I got to pulling all over on the hose and mask and it seemed to deal with it better than the P10 and Swift FX did for me (that's a personal observation, YMMV).

I suspect, though, that a little chamois cream will be moving up to the bedroom...just to keep the nares happy with the slight "in the nose" aspect of these.

Parker and Story, my list is a novel: Swift FX, Mirage FX, Mirage Quattro, Simplus, Quattro Air, Hans Rudolph V2 6000 and 7000 series, P10, FitLife, Wisp and Pilaro...and that's in a little over 2 years. I know what is my "go to" if I am plugged up (it gives me awesome numbers and lets me mouth breathe as needed...but isn't great for moving around and side sleeping), but I'm still looking for that elusive "best" for everything for me mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you. If you tell me I can sleep on my back all night without moving, I'd prefer a different mask to the Wisp. Hope you find your match, soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Parker...my Fitlife is a big, heavy (well, compared to other CPAP masks) mask. It doesn't let you side sleep all that well, but I have found if I'm on my back or "shallow" on my side, I've got no leaks and usually 0 AHI. Granted, it's not for everyone. Overall, it has provided me my best numbers in terms of leaks and AHI to date (74 days at an average AHI of 0.05...for me and my UARS, that means an RDI of ~0.5...nice change from the 50+ in my sleep study).

Tried the Pilaro last night and it seems to have done very well for me. With the "airbag" around the nose, I left my pressure at the slightly higher setting I usually use for the FitLife and seems to have had good results. I'll see more tomorrow when I do my weekly download, but so far so good. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the PilarioQ today...not a good experience...the inflatable bellows really irritates my skin, the little prongs irritate inside my nose...guess its just not for me...
Will now stick to the Nuance Pillows with the cloth headgear...

Glad I tried it, will take a break form masks testing for a while...

The PIlario is a great idea, and am glad it works well for some of us...

Sleep-well

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Totally understand... love my Pilairo, but one thing I noticed, is I have to wear it very loose, or I get the problems you described. I think it wears much looser than most masks. But thanks for sharing your experience with us! Smile

(07-15-2015, 09:56 PM)storywizard Wrote: Got the PilarioQ today...not a good experience...the inflatable bellows really irritates my skin, the little prongs irritate inside my nose...guess its just not for me...
Will now stick to the Nuance Pillows with the cloth headgear...

Glad I tried it, will take a break form masks testing for a while...

The PIlario is a great idea, and am glad it works well for some of us...

Sleep-well

Storywizard

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that Ailu...

I may give it one more try, I did have it fairly loose, maybe it is the ASV pressure jumps causing the leaks...

onwards...Thanks

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 10:54 AM)storywizard Wrote: Thanks for that Ailu...

I may give it one more try, I did have it fairly loose, maybe it is the ASV pressure jumps causing the leaks...

onwards...Thanks

Storywizard

You should be able to verify that in Sleepyhead.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,927 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,604 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 706 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234? Marty McSly 3 657 12-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Marty McSly
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 615 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.