Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone experience increase of Blood Pressure after goin to an Autoset S9 or Similar
Anyone experience increase of Blood Pressure after goin to an Autoset S9 or Similar
I had been on a Fixed CPAP for over 12 years until I found a Autoset S9 on Craigs List. Thaks to the help from reading this forum I got started with the S9. Soon after I found I was sleeping better and after buying a new bed I started sleeping the whole night without waking at all. But now I have had an increase in Blood Pressure. I was at about 125/95 then I went to 160/117. I would have thought with better sleeping I would decrease my Blood Pressure. The pressure Max on the S9 runs about what my setting was on the old CPAP. I do go to sleep easier now than with the old CPAP too.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone experience increase of Blood Pressure after goin to an Autoset S9 or Similar
(02-05-2013, 07:41 PM)DoneDunIt Wrote: The pressure Max on the S9 runs about what my setting was on the old CPAP.
some people said that their blood pressure improved on the therapy
its best to be evaluated by your own doctor

where are you getting this pressure from, machine sleep report or thru resscan
machine display 95% percentile pressure
resscan stats shows, median, 95% percentile and maximum pressures
also shows the same for leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone experience increase of Blood Pressure after goin to an Autoset S9 or Similar
Hi DoneDunIt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, the CPAP lowered my blood pressure significantly. I've never heard of it going up. It could be coincidence.

BUT, now that I think of it, if your CPAP pressure is staying below where it was before, then yes, it would change your BP. You aren't getting the treatment you were before. Usually, it is best to have the previous single pressure as the low, not the high. That way you are getting what you need.

So if your previous pressure was a straight 12 but now you have it at 6 - 12, then yes, you probably aren't getting what you need and the blood pressure is going up. Try changing it to, say, 11 - 14 instead.

Meanwhile, also discuss this with your doctor. There could also be something else going on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check to see how your AHI is doing - if it remains within safe parameters, your bp should not be affected at all, or lowered over time. And if you have been only recently moved over to the new machine, it should not rise that significantly that quickly - it takes time for a steady range build up of blood pressure. Quick spikes are one thing, affected by almost anything, including looking sideways at a cat (so to speak), but baseline numbers are a slow moving - for them to move up or down significantly takes time. And that rise IS significant. I have written elsewhere on this forum on how to properly read your own blood pressure using a cuff ( I think it was in a thread on Oxymeters) - follow that and see if you really are getting the readings you think you are. If your AHI has significantly increased (and it has to be above a 20% increase) it is possible that your bp will rise with it.

But my answer to this sort of bp is the same as always - get thee to thy physician. 160/117 is not a good level by any standard.
Post Reply Post Reply
What the others said about seeing a doctor. The AutoSet moved my AHI from a range of 7-27 to 1.12 (my fixed pressure was too low); with the improved AHI, my blood pressure dropped. Before the new setting, I was at borderline high blood pressure. Now my blood pressure is consistently in the normal range.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 75 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 112 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 103 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,264 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.