Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone forget they were still attached?
Anyone forget they were still attached?
My alarm went off and I jumped out of bed without thinking, dumping my a10 autoset on to the floor. Fortunately, it's fine! Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone forget they were still attached?
I have not done that but I have had to put a hand to my face to make sure I had the mask on several times
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on vacation last Summer and of course took my cpap with me. Early in the morning the phone rang in our motel room and in the confusion of waking, half awake and trying to answer the phone I pulled my machine off onto the floor. Fortunately for me I had only filled the humidifier half full the evening before and my machine was OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been there done that. The DME says that mostly all customers appear to drop their machines to the floor at least once for one cause or another, but these are well built. It's really only a problem if they fall on the corner of a piece of furniture or on ceramic tile OR those rare instances where the water gets into the machine. Mine fell off the tiny side table at my brother's last week, but fortunately, no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NicholasB,

Yes, I had that happen with my first machine. I was half asleep when the phone rang, I went to answer it and the machine took a tunble but it still worked after that, it didn’t get any water damage.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never leapt out of bed with the hose still attached - for loo breaks during the night I disconnect the hose and keep the mask on.

But on one occasion woken very early by the doorbell, I got as far as having my hands on the handle of my front-door before I realised I still had the mask on...

That could have cheered up our postman, but I don't think I would have wanted to know about the subsequent local rumours!

.............................................................................................
My pressures this week: Auto-ASV. EPAP 11-14. PS 3-10
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2016, 05:39 AM)dwd1249 Wrote: My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.

Now that's a good idea right there!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've woken up many times to find that I've dragged my machine 6 inches or more by the hose. There's no doubt in my mind that it would have been knocked to the floor--if it wasn't already there. I believe it's happened both when waking up, and while asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2016, 05:39 AM)dwd1249 Wrote: My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.

Yeah. You may some day want to reconsider. If you get a big dog. Like a Saint Bernard. That sleeps right next to the bed. That is flatulent.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Are my symptoms even coming from sleep apnea? OSCAR attached apmea 8 864 08-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached. hopeforusall 41 2,351 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
  OSCAR Data attached: confirms central apnea - any help? hopeforusall 2 755 04-06-2023, 07:47 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.