Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
Used respironics for 20 years.  Resmed algorithm is different.  Anyone had a problem switching from dreamstation to airsense?  I find airsense 11 requires minimum pressure of 12 instead of 9, and still have a little bit of trouble adjusting to the end of breathing out, changing to breathing in.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
If you post OSCAR we might be able to answer. But are you using EPR? What is it set to - 1, 2 or 3? Is it set for full time or ramp?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
Thanks.  EPR is set totally to off, not just off in ramp.  airsense 11 manual says it comes with sd card, however, mine was in factory box and no card included.  Any possible way to connect machine to computer to get the data?  hesitate to take the sd card out of my dreamstation and overwrite it.
Post Reply Post Reply
No don’t take you SD card out. Buy a new one they are real cheep. 2 to 32 gb whatever is the least expensive.

The reason I asked about EPR

Phillips raises pressure when it has v1 (snoring) while ResMed raises its pressure when there are flo limits.

We limit flow limits (upper airway obstruction) using EPR. SO I’m assuming without looking at you charts that is part of your problem.

I would like you to try turning on EPR full time to 3.

Make sure your min is at least 7 or the EPR will not work.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
i thought new card would retroactively get all past data from modem, but apparently not. so this is just for one night.  suggestions please

because limited to 3 attachments, here is the rest of the data      
Post Reply Post Reply
That's only 30 minutes of data and for some reason coming up as S9 Elite?
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card can only write detailed data while in the PAP before sleeping. Not a bad 30 minutes nap, data looks ok. The first OSCAR screenshot will be fine unless there's other data needed to troubleshoot.

Is EPR 3 full time active?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks! I have no idea why it would show just 30 minutes, used it all night last night. sd card says s9 because i took it out of a s9 that i bought for backup years ago from someone that never used it.  EPR is set to 3 fulltime.  re: "The SD card can only write detailed data while in the PAP before sleeping" why did it only get 30 minutes, should i try rereading the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
oscar opening page on program, at bottom says "resmed s9 cards need to be locked before inserting." i did not lock my card because my machine is 11, but wondering if that might be what happened. i think it is not the problem, since the card is not unreadable.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are going to use an old card you should reformat it. Fat 32 format in the computer then put it into the Cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,131 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,573 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.