Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
Sleeprider, do not misunderstand, I am not argueing with you.  I see the Airsense reports look better than the dreamstation.  But with the airsense, i still can not get over the feeling that it makes me pause before breathing in again.  Instead of a continuous breath in, breath out cycle.  Please clarify on Rera, i thought if they were below 5, it was insignificant, am i misunderstanding something?  thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
(01-10-2022, 10:33 PM)TaxFreeira Wrote: thanks Ratchick. i do not use a ramp, so starting pressure is not low.  

I didn't mean during ramp. Your machine is set up to use a range of pressures, and if you only fit it at the minimum therapy pressure, then it may leak more at higher pressures.

TaxFreeira Wrote:Please clarify on Rera, i thought if they were below 5, it was insignificant, am i misunderstanding something?

Neither your AHI nor RDI are under five. The TOTAL is what counts, not just one measure. Your RERAs add to your AHI to create your RDI, so on that chart, you had an AHI over 7 and an RDI closer to 11.

RDI = AHI in terms of diagnosis. That is untreated. Just because the RERAs are 3.something, not 5, it doesn't mean you can ignore them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If i am i reading these 2 nights correctly, dreamstation [with removed foam] these rera and ahi are results much better?
[The real bad readings were when minimum pressure was set to 8 instead of 9.5]

Also, concerning the flow and chin tuck, how do these two nights rate compared to the airsense 11? Thanks, I appreciate the help/

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing some clusters, alternating between Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea, from one chart to the other.

Flow limits are high enough at .19 to .24 that you probably want to consider Flex to try and combat that.

And there's sometimes really bad but brief mask leaks. It may not compromise therapy, but it's got to be a source of disruptions.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thank you. I tried the dreamstation Flex c and also the flex a. Could not get comfortable with them. Tried one and had an uncomfortable night. Then tried another after 3 hours I turned it off. I did both on the highest setting.

I usually get up in the middle of the night to pee at least three times. When I turn from my back to my side I usually end up with a mask leak and have to adjust my mask. Could either of those be what you are saying? Once in awhile but not every night I end up having to blow my nose in the middle of the night. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird breathing patterns? 3 months on CPAP, AHI of 4, still feel awful leftfield 10 281 01-16-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set; stevekuk 4 353 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  dreamstation to airsense 11, no condensation to a flood plaidwandering 4 245 12-25-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: plaidwandering
  resmed airsense 10 noise problem annoyed 15 1,086 12-24-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Dave W
  Resmed Airsense 11 problem lawrencekellie 7 1,322 12-22-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: stevekuk
Cool Centrals: Do you feel your breathing stop when drifting off? I do. S. Manz 8 396 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 10 Autoset problem? StevesSp 26 770 12-10-2021, 04:52 PM
Last Post: StevesSp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.