Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
(01-03-2022, 04:31 PM)staceyburke Wrote: If you are going to use an old card you should reformat it.  Fat 32 format in the computer then put it into the Cpap.

What I do is go into the Disk Management MMC snap-in and remove the filesystem entirely. When it's inserted back into the AirSense, it rebuilds the filesystem clean, including the skeleton directory structure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem]
Assuming you actually have a new AS11, it looks to me as if you re-used an old SD card that had been used for an older ResMed S9 Elite. This can confuse OSCAR as the data formats are similar but different. If true, deleting the Identification.tgt file should clean things up. Re-formatting the SD card will delete all your current information.

As for the thirty minutes of data, notice that the start time is noon... ? The machine's clock is not matching the wall clock. If you have an AS11, you will have to clear the machine data before resetting the time zone. Wouldn't hurt to get the Clinicians' Manual.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2021, 06:43 PM)TaxFreeira Wrote: Used respironics for 20 years.  Resmed algorithm is different.  Anyone had a problem switching from dreamstation to airsense?  I find airsense 11 requires minimum pressure of 12 instead of 9, and still have a little bit of trouble adjusting to the end of breathing out, changing to breathing in.  Thanks.

Going back to your original post, the Resmed acts like a true bilevel machine and follows your breathing effort. The Philips with Flex always returns pressure to the CPAP pressure ahead of the start of inspiration.  Most people find the Resmed is more comfortable, however it produces more expiratory pressure reduction and it stays low until inspiration begins.  As you found, this can be partially offset by increasing pressure.  

I'm interested in seeing more data from your machine. Your last example was only 30 minutes or so.  Your S9 Elite CPAP is a fixed pressure machine, but the charts seem to have varying pressure.  We will need to see more time in therapy to make good decisions on any setting recommendations.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I saw info that the OP had an S9 and reused that SD card in the S11. That's possibly the confusion of info.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
s9 was never used.  reformatted card.  hopefully that will show entire night.  i had originally delayed getting an sd card because i thought the one that was an actual resmed one might be better.  thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
WooHoo! got it.  went into oscar and changed the date 

Post Reply Post Reply
since we are getting late in the day, also including these.  for some reason the f12 key stopped working and will not let me print the last "time at pressure" section.  i do have it in another format if anyone wants to see it.  I REALLY appreciate everyone's help

Post Reply Post Reply
Since Oscar is still showing this as a S9 Elite machine, I'm going to ask one of the Oscar developers to look at whether there is a problem. It appears this was imported into the profile My Airsense 11, so I don't know why the S9 machine is shown and settings have not updated.

The screenshot looks very good otherwise. I think you have some transient chin-tucking related obstruction that creates a surge of flow limitation at 06:30 with RERAs, but this could also just be due to the large leak.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38616]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Version 1.3.0 looks for an Identification.tgt first and then for the Identification.json file. I confess it hadn't occurred to me that somebody might reuse an old ResMed SD card in a brand new AS11.
Lesson learned, version 1.3.1 looks for the json file first - not perfect, but a better assumption, I think.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your SD card has both identification.tgt and identification.json on it, delete or rename the identification.tgt file so OSCAR doesn't get confused by it. Then create a new profile and import from the SD card. I think that will correct the problem with misidentification of the machine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 85 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,589 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 360 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 359 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,089 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 203 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.