Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone have a Mac and Dreamstation ASV?
Anyone have a Mac and Dreamstation ASV?
I just got a Dreamstation ASV and sleepyhead doesn't work with it yet. I know that Encore is one solution, but it's Windows only. I am considering trying it using Codeweavers Crossover software, but first I'd like to know if any of you have some other solution to seeing more than just the basic data that Dreammapper provides.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone have a Mac and Dreamstation ASV?
Since you have a Mac, you can use Parallels to run Windows.

Edit: It would appear that Crossover is less expensive. My mistake!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I had thought of Parallels, VMWare Fusion and Boot camp, but both would also have required that I purchase Windows as well, so there would be a significant hit in the pocketbook, as well as storage space, etc.

I'll post my experience here when I do whatever it is I end up doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just accidentally has to use my mac to use EncorePro.  I couldn't get it to install on my desktop, sql server wouldn't' install.  I tried it in a windows 7 vm on my server, it wouldn't recognize the sd card shared through a network drive.  So I tried it on my windows 7 64 parallels install.  I put the sd card in my mac air, tell it to send it to windows 7, and EncorePro works great.

EncorePro isn't just 1 program you're using.  It runs on top of Microsoft SQL server for its database.  You'll need a full windows install to run this on a mac in any normal fashion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2017, 05:42 PM)gtrlum Wrote: EncorePro isn't just 1 program you're using.  It runs on top of Microsoft SQL server for its database.  You'll need a full windows install to run this on a mac in any normal fashion.

Yeah, kind of sucks. Since I don't own a copy of windows and don't want to take up all the extra space on my Mac for boot camp or parallels, I'm thinking of finding an old serviceable windows laptop for this one application.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.