Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone having problens with Firefox crashing
Question 
Firefox went to version 37 about a month ago. Recently ver 37.0.2 was released. I always do a custom install.

Since 37 was released, I'm getting crashes. However, not when I'm actually using it. It appears that I close it; but it's hung in memory; then closes with a crash report.

Win 7 64 bit pro.

Anyone else having this issue??

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 04:23 PM)justMongo Wrote: Firefox went to version 37 about a month ago. Recently ver 37.0.2 was released. I always do a custom install.

Since 37 was released, I'm getting crashes. However, not when I'm actually using it. It appears that I close it; but it's hung in memory; then closes with a crash report.

Win 7 64 bit pro.

Anyone else having this issue??

I had that in Linux (not sure if it still does it), but finally gave up and just added "killall firefox" to the startup script, so now I don't care if any are laying around.

As much as I like it for plugins and flexibility and the dev tools, I've switched to chrome for most of my browsing, because it just works and doesn't keep whining about missing plugins.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having a lot of problems. Lots of old add ons that were deactivated, but still buggy, Video that wouldn't run, and and Firefox frequently crashed. Then I learned about refresh Firefox:

Click the menu button and then click help .
From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ...
Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Make note of the Add-ons and extensions and any scripts you want to install after the refresh. Everything gets wiped clean, but it works a lot better.
Post Reply Post Reply

yep - crashing on the close.
WinXP-MCE-SP3
Firefox's last update was a day or two ago. 37.0.2
I run a fairly vanilla install... very minimal plugins.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using Pale Moon a FF derivative and like it very much in both Linux Mint 17.1 and windoze7. Retains old look which I much prefer. Sorry FF but you screwed the pooch on many levels. Not as many addons but what is works well.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
It was the reason I switched to Seamonkey several versions back, never regretted it - far more stable than Firefox, especially when you, like me have 15 windows and 300 tabs on average.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm using 38.0 (beta update) 37 broke a few things.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm running 37.0.2. Other than Addblock Plus, I don't have a heck of a lot of add-ons. Until ESPN re-did their site, I always had Flash player problems there no matter what I did for updates and configuration. Firefox has otherwise always been rock-solid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chrome isn't much better. I have the latest version on Chrome on my Mac and it keeps crashing. Finally went back to Safari which runs like a champ with the same extension (4) that I use in Chrome.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm running the Linux version of FireFox ver. 37.0.2. I've been increasing having problems with sites that incorporate a ton of flash for some reason. Everything from slow-loading to freeze-ups, mostly.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Firefox 42 & lightshot add-on justMongo 4 681 11-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Firefox 29 PaulaO2 21 4,483 06-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2