Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks?
RE: Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks?
This was covered by my insurance (CIGNA - last year). Since I had already reached my out-of-pocket max, it was covered at 100%. The total cost was $4800. The only thing I had to do was get a prescription from my doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whole CPAP mask, Batman!

$4800 for a mask that leaks and is uncomfortable? (Plus was quite a bit of trouble to get a mold to have it made?)

Tap-Pap mask (mentioned earlier) as coming from some doc as a "custom mask" are (to my knowledge) ordinary items that can be ordered with a boil and bite mouthpiece. If someone is selling these as "custom" and especially marking up the price accordingly this would be a very shady practice.

One of the most knowledgeable posters on the other forum I frequent swears by her Tap Pap (although apparently she has recently acquired a P10 and likes it as well.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
HerbM,
Although your comments are understandable, you have to realize that I represent a SINGLE DATA POINT! Any credible scientist or engineer will tell you this means virtually nothing. This company has been making these masks for over two years and with much success. I have not given up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the title of this thread is no longer relevant, I started a new thread, "“My experiences with a custom-made full face mask”.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you tell me the name of the dentist in Virginia that makes custom masks? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 352 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 203 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 222 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 413 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.