Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks?
This was covered by my insurance (CIGNA - last year). Since I had already reached my out-of-pocket max, it was covered at 100%. The total cost was $4800. The only thing I had to do was get a prescription from my doctor.
Whole CPAP mask, Batman!

$4800 for a mask that leaks and is uncomfortable? (Plus was quite a bit of trouble to get a mold to have it made?)

Tap-Pap mask (mentioned earlier) as coming from some doc as a "custom mask" are (to my knowledge) ordinary items that can be ordered with a boil and bite mouthpiece. If someone is selling these as "custom" and especially marking up the price accordingly this would be a very shady practice.

One of the most knowledgeable posters on the other forum I frequent swears by her Tap Pap (although apparently she has recently acquired a P10 and likes it as well.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
HerbM,
Although your comments are understandable, you have to realize that I represent a SINGLE DATA POINT! Any credible scientist or engineer will tell you this means virtually nothing. This company has been making these masks for over two years and with much success. I have not given up.

Since the title of this thread is no longer relevant, I started a new thread, "“My experiences with a custom-made full face mask”.
Can you tell me the name of the dentist in Virginia that makes custom masks? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 35 6,283 01-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Last Post: eviltim
  Cpap masks can worsen existing dental issues according to their manuals, apparently Ihaveapnea 5 243 01-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Ihaveapnea
  3-D printed masks Mark Douglas 6 237 01-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  DME options with Humana JonC 1 126 12-31-2016, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Options sought - Dx and Treatment of OSA cpdaniel 12 517 12-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Smile [News] CUSTOM 3-D PRINTED MASKS srlevine1 2 380 11-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Question on masks that will handle higher pressures like 27 nanook683 13 1,036 09-21-2016, 07:14 AM
Last Post: nanook683