Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air?
RE: Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air?
I trialed an AirFit mask with the Standard Elbow, but when I went to swap it for my own mask, they sold me one with a Quiet Elbow (didn't realise until I got it home). I have had trouble ever since. Waking up 15 or more times a night with "burping" along the edges of the mask. I have also started getting headaches again and feeling tired. Plus I liked the reassurance of feeling the air escape that the trial mask gave me. So I googled up Resmed Airfit F20 elbow and found that you can still buy the Standard one online. Arrived yesterday. Last night I feel I got a better night's sleep. "Burping" along the seal was a lot less (maybe 5 times). I don't know if the better night's rest was because of the "Standard" elbow or not, but I feel more assured knowing that air is venting properly. $50 for peace of mind was worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksDave. I just got a new F20 and gave it a test run today. First thing I noticed was very poor venting, to the point where I thought there might be something blocking the vent holes.
For me, poor venting results in shallow breaths and poor cpap performance.
I took a closer look then pulled out the “quiet packing material” quite easy to do with tweezers.
Then on a hunch I looked in this forum and lo and behold your article popped up. 
Just an fyi, the standard elbow is available on Amazon if anyone is interested.
I will use this for those times when I’m a little plugged up from pollen etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I pulled out the packing on the quiet air elbow, thinking that I would wash the elbow.  I had to cut the cover cap a bit.  How do you do it (exactly) with tweezers without cutting the cap?  In the meantime I went back to the original version without the packing.  Does anyone know if it was called the "quiet air" too?  I found it noisy in comparison, but in a couple of days I got used to it ----like white noise.  I think I am going to continue to use the original elbow and shout-out to posters Iangod and Wenlar above, I'll try to find it on Amazon.

Also, I tried to replace the packing on an earlier effort and I replaced it with a a few turns of dental floss.  It cut down the noise considerably.  I still like the idea of using the original elbow as "original equipment".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 12 5,537 10-29-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  Need help with F20 Airfit leaks (elbow?) jaytee80 4 1,262 09-22-2023, 02:42 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Question Popping noise from Resmed elbow Proth 1 663 09-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Is there a quiet portable CPAP machine? mcman56 0 461 07-18-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: mcman56
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,442 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 179 36,151 05-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Jay Belmont

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.