Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone stopped using their CPAP for a night? Whats it feel like?
Anyone stopped using their CPAP for a night? Whats it feel like?
Very curious? Its been a very subtle change for me but my god im not sleeping 14+ hours anymore, and im starting to feel more energetic and less grumpy. It is pretty amazing.

Curious what it would feel like if I had an apenea (AHI 60) filled night, if the power went out or somerthing. Is it hell?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone stopped using their CPAP for a night? Whats it feel like?
yes, just as it was before pap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's put it like this, don't try it. I have been unable to use my ASV as my complex Apnea and COPD or Asthma makes it complicated to the extreme squared. I was on the positive side of Apnea until July of 2019 when the wheels fell off. Upon stopping treatment, the well rested sleep had disappeared. I'm back to my in a fog daily thing, no amount of sleep cuts through. Some nights I sleep for 3, 4 hours, others 10, 12.

Short answer the longer I was off therapy, the more it felt like sliding further into quicksand with no way out. I just lucked out by getting doctors that love to test but don't love scripts or helping.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did once, for about 15 minutes. Then got a wake up call, literally. Now I refuse to get horizontal without the mask.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple years ago, I went on a trip with my wife to the Blue Ridge Parkway Nat'l Park and we had reservations at the Skyland Lodge and Cabins. I left without the CPAP and knew it was going to be bad when we got there and realized my mistake. How bad was it? We returned home the next day. Another time, I had a failure in the power supply adapter and was in North Carolina.  I drove home the next day and bout two replacements, and I always carry a spare.  The most recent event, I was staying at a hotel in South Dakota on a motorcycle trip and couldn't get power into the unit. I took my riding buddy's Philips CPAP rather than sleep without.  An emergency. That is what is it for me. I will do anything not to have to deal with even a single night without therapy.

I own two duplicate units and have spare parts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like I'll be bucking the trend here, but I sleep just as well w/o it as I do with it. We haven't traveled any since I began using it (Sept. 2018), but it won't be going with us.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 05:33 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Let's put it like this, don't try it. I have been unable to use my ASV as my complex Apnea and COPD or Asthma makes it complicated to the extreme squared. I was on the positive side of Apnea until July of 2019 when the wheels fell off. Upon stopping treatment, the well rested sleep had disappeared. I'm back to my in a fog daily thing, no amount of sleep cuts through. Some nights I sleep for 3, 4 hours, others 10, 12.

Short answer the longer I was off therapy, the more it felt like sliding further into quicksand with no way out. I just lucked out by getting doctors that love to test but don't love scripts or helping.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope they find a innovation that helps you. That is truly unfortunate.
Post Reply Post Reply
New restart on APAP, skipping a night of APAP is AMAZING SO WONDERFUL. OK exaggeration but nice feeling like a sleep more than 1 hour aqnd awake with mask at least an hour, leak avoiding. I've done it twice slept 12+ hours not rested but WONDERFUL!!!! With CPAP I feel a little refreshed on machine 5-7 hours but feels like 2 hours sleep fighting it. I feel like the no CPAP nights let me catch up after CPAP nightmare of previous 5 days. Very depressed at CPAP.

Not trying to hijack using F30i mask airsense 10, AHI stinks at about 8.6, approx 3.6 showing as central or reported clear airway. Sad

5 years ago did cpap for a year AHI 2ish leaks got me to give up cold turkey, it did not seem to help then. My sleep study had ahi 73. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2021, 12:42 AM)newguy99 Wrote: New restart on APAP, skipping a night of APAP is AMAZING SO WONDERFUL. OK exaggeration but nice feeling like a sleep more than 1 hour aqnd awake with mask at least an hour, leak avoiding. I've done it twice slept 12+ hours not rested but WONDERFUL!!!! With CPAP I feel a little refreshed on machine 5-7 hours but feels like 2 hours sleep fighting it. I feel like the no CPAP nights let me catch up after CPAP nightmare of previous 5 days. Very depressed at CPAP.

Not trying to hijack using F30i mask airsense 10, AHI stinks at about 8.6, approx 3.6 showing as central or reported clear airway. Sad

5 years ago did cpap for a year AHI 2ish leaks got me to give up cold turkey, it did not seem to help then. My sleep study had ahi 73. Any thoughts?

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say....

If you are better workout cpap I guess dont use ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot sleep - at all - without my face pump. On the odd occasion I have had to try (once when I forgot to pack the PSU, several times on airplanes) it has been near impossible to get to sleep and, when I finally do, I jolt awake within minutes.

I have also been woken when the power went off and left me gasping into the mask. That said, I am one of those users who, though 100% compliant, I never feel rested even with my AHI under control.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 178 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 85 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,129 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.