Anyone travelling from London area to U.S. anytime soon?
TiredToo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10 (also have a Simplus, Eson and P10)
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Started CPAP Feb 9th, 2015. Suffered for way too many years prior.

Sex: Male

Exclaimation Anyone travelling from London area to U.S. anytime soon?
We just returned from a two-week vacation in Europe. Our daughter lost her Galaxy Tab 2 on the British Airways jet while en-route to London. We got a message from Heathrow airport a few days later that they found her tablet and a few other things but between scheduled tours and leaving for Paris in a few days we figured we'd try to pick it up during a layover on the way back (Munich -> Heathrow -> Chicago).

Unfortunately we didn't have time during the short layover at Heathrow so I looked into having it mailed to us here in the States but all said and done it would cost us just under $200 U.S. which is more than it is worth.

I was wondering if by any chance anyone is planning on travelling from the London area to the U.S. anytime soon? I can have it mailed to any address in the U.K. - that doesn't cost too much, but it is the shipping to the States that is crazy high. My thought was that if I could get it to anywhere in the continental U.S. then it shouldn't cost too much to then ship it to our house in Indiana.

I would pay any shipping costs, obviously.

Just putting this out there in a last attempt at trying to get it back. I tried to remotely wipe it but can't because it needs to be set up to allow this before it gets lost. Too late for that. Rolleyes
07-16-2015 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Anyone travelling from London area to U.S. anytime soon?
I have a friend who is flying to the US from the UK in about a week I think. PM me your email address and I will send it to her. No guarantees but it is worth a shot.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-16-2015 12:09 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sorry mate - I will be in London in two weeks for a conference and to teach a training session, but I will be returning to Switzerland directly after - no plans to go to the US for at least a year or more. Sending it to you from Zurich will set you back at least $100 snail mail, more if sent by courier.
07-16-2015 12:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
TiredToo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10 (also have a Simplus, Eson and P10)
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Started CPAP Feb 9th, 2015. Suffered for way too many years prior.

(07-16-2015 12:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I have a friend who is flying to the US from the UK in about a week I think. PM me your email address and I will send it to her. No guarantees but it is worth a shot.

PM sent.
07-16-2015 05:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has anyone in a large metero area tried Uber? justMongo 10 676 02-12-2016 04:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo