Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone tried ?F20 Memory Foam Mask
RE: Anyone tried ?F20 Memory Foam Mask
Great mask. I use it as a backup for when I'm too congested for pillows.
Works well, very comfortable, and seals better than the silicone Quattro that I have.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 08:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Yep. I'm one of the few who didn't like it. Couldn't stop the leaks. Most who try it though like it.

I'll ditto it. I liked the extra softness, but it leaks more than the AirFit silicone for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used both the silicone and the memory foam cushions with the F20 FFM:

1) I have more leaks with the F20 silicone mask than with the F10 FFM, so use the latter as my main day to day (or should I say, night to night?) mask.

2) I have fewer leaks with the F20 when using the memory foam cushion than with the silicone one.

3) I'm not very keen on the smell or the feel of the memory foam cushion, but there's no denying (at least for me) that it works very well.

4) The real problem is that the memory foam cushion lasts only about 4 to 6 weeks, which means it has to be replaced regularly - and is therefore very expensive if (like me) you pay for it yourself.

5) But the memory foam cushion only needs (or maybe, can only cope with) being cleaned using a baby wipe or similar, rather than a proper clean in mild soapy water followed by a rinse in clean water. And that is very handy when traveling away from home. 

6) I therefore use a memory form cushion for travelling, when properly cleaning a silicone mask is not practical in the circumstances (& for the remainder of its life thereafter).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 08:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Yep. I'm one of the few who didn't like it. Couldn't stop the leaks. Most who try it though like it.

I am also one of the few.  I could stop the leaks (mostly), but it felt narrower at top of the bridge of my nose than the AirFit F20, almost like it was squeezing.  Was going to try it for a week - and I didn't even last a couple hours.  Off it came, and the AirFit went back on - and I got a 0.79 AHI that night to reward me for making my "final" decision Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2017, 02:58 PM)Kadenz Wrote: 4) The real problem is that the memory foam cushion lasts only about 4 to 6 weeks, which means it has to be replaced regularly - and is therefore very expensive if (like me) you pay for it yourself.
Your mileage may vary, but Resmed-AU recently indicated that it can go 60 days.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I gouged the memory foam on the very first night while trying to re-position the mask during semi-slumber. I was also prone to poking and prodding the foam to get the mask situated; the foam runner was going to get ripped off the mask in no time. And I'm a person who takes exquisite care of equipment; the problem was not from being sloppy.

No way the foam was going to last me a month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still have an F20 AirTouch cushion unopened and the first one has about 4 hours on it. They just didn't seal as well as the AirFit F20 does for me. YMMV of course. At this rate, they'll last me for a few years.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the airtouch F20 and the 1st one lasted 4 months. I spray it down daily with cpap spray and wipe it gently with a cpap wipe.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Airtouch F20 (foam) for 10 weeks. The original cushion still appears perfectly serviceable. I ALWAYS have "a small but acceptable amount of MAJOR mask leakage" . I feel that the mask dislodges easily. If I make that motion of shifting my jaw sideways (as if - but not actually doing it - to blow air out of the corner of my mouth) then the seal breaks and a stream of air will escape from the mask. I feel I have it synched down fairly tight to keep it stable. When just snug so that it doesn't leak when I'm on my back, it's easy to break the seal if I roll to my side, depending on how the pillow interacts with the mask. When I do replace it I think I'll try silicon. I did use the silicon F10 during my first month trial period and had leaks then also. I'm just a leaker!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy just the silicon cusion that will fit your existing f20 headgear (straps) and frame
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 223 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,983 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  ResMed AirFit F20 (not mem foam) ejbpesca 3 1,691 08-01-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 511 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.