Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone tried "Ned" device? (Nasal dialator)
RE: Anyone tried "Ned" device? (Nasal dialator)
EDIT: Two of us were typing at the same time :-) This is a reply to Nightynite.

Hmmm.. even with that one.. it's a corticosteroid which (if memory serves) makes it both an anti-inflammatory and an immuno-supressant (although Docs prefer to call them immune-system modulators or something like that these days).
I guess like all drugs... you need to weigh the long term risks against the benefits based on the dosage and how often you use it.
If I had allergies, I guess I might use it during the worst part of the allergy season. But I'd start wondering if I found I was using it 52 weeks of the year.

I wonder if an antihistamine would be just as effective? Just a thought. Something to ask the Doc.

BTW: I have ZERO medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I don’t use it daily and do not like using any kind of spray in your nostrils like that on a long term basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @ApneaQuestions. That's helpful to know.

From what I gather so far, for folks like me with mild-to-moderate apnea, for a given device (dental appliance, the nasal dilator), it's not clear they will work unless you try.

And of course, without a way to measure your apneas concurrently with use of the thing, it can be hard to find out conclusively if they are working.

I suppose one could use the device for an in-home study (nasal cannula, headband w/a few electrodes in it) to check some basics.

I just had an in-lab study, and you don't even want to know what that cost. 1 month European vacation, anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had a sleep study, why not redact your personal information and upload the entire study (all pages.. not just the summary).
We can take a look and get better data-driven hypotheses on what might work well.

Did you have a basic sleep study where you were breathing without a CPAP all night or did you have a split study where the second part of the night involves a titration study using a remote-controlled CPAP machine?

Either way... if we can see the data... we can avoid guessing.

Yes you are right.. unless you are actually using a device that can measure your apneas (like a CPAP machine) then you won't have any data to tell if your remedy attempts are actually working or not.

A good first step would be to upload the results of the sleep report and tell us what the doctor suggested and the rationale explaining why he/she suggested it.

EDIT: Oh wait... you have 6 threads... maybe you've already uploaded the report... I'll go check the other threads.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.... I just checked all your threads. Some of them are quite old now.

BTW: Your sleep report is no longer available on the links you provided in those threads

It looks like your machine settings were not really tuned and optimized for you and there wasn't much advice given apart from setting your initial pressure a little higher to get it above 4.

I think we should revisit some of your nightly OSCAR data if you are willing to give this another try for a few days.
What do you think?

EDIT: These are the only data uploads I could find in all your threads

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=14437
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=14590

And they came from these posts...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid306740
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid307330
Post Reply Post Reply
The Mute nasal dilator does not really work for me. Their Turbine (or something like that) yellow sport model is a little better.

I've had the best luck with the WoodyKnows nasal dilator. Their naming scheme is inconsistent and confusing though. I've like the one that looks like tiny snowshoes. I have worn it with an F20 mask.

Currently though, I get even better results frrom using a pillow mask (P30i) instead of a nasal dilator. I also switched to a Resmed Aircurve Vauto (bilevel) which helped a LOT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,038 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 364 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 405 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 327 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.