Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone tried the SleepWeaver mask?
RE: Anyone tried the SleepWeaver mask?
SleepWeaver has 4 different masks. I have used all of them.
I would not recommend the original or the advanced.
I really liked the élan but wanted a full face mask for the many times I have nasal congestion.
The Anew full face mask takes some getting used to. It is more prone to leaks than the Élan.
I have been using it now for a couple weeks with mixed results. Some nights AHI ~2.5 last night 5.6, some nights around 10. My sleep study AHI was 78.
The 2 problems I have with the Anew are leaks and irritation at the bottom of my nose (between the nares). Both problems are intermittent.
I definitely recommend you try either the Élan or Anew, but only with return insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2013, 06:20 PM)bwexler Wrote: SleepWeaver has 4 different masks. I have used all of them.
I would not recommend the original or the advanced.
I really liked the élan but wanted a full face mask for the many times I have nasal congestion.
The Anew full face mask takes some getting used to. It is more prone to leaks than the Élan.
I have been using it now for a couple weeks with mixed results. Some nights AHI ~2.5 last night 5.6, some nights around 10. My sleep study AHI was 78.
The 2 problems I have with the Anew are leaks and irritation at the bottom of my nose (between the nares). Both problems are intermittent.
I definitely recommend you try either the Élan or Anew, but only with return insurance.

Thanks for the advice. I think the VA has elan and is in the process of sending me one. Don't know about ff. I had problems with it being too tight resulting in headaches in the morning, but as you know all masks are different. I'll look into it after trying the elan.

-d2
Post Reply Post Reply
I really liked the Advance w/Zephyr seal. It was my favorite nasal interface; but, after trying everything I could think of, I had to give up on nasal interfaces because I just couldn't safely and comfortably keep the air pressure from escaping from between my lips.

I don't really have any complaints about the Quattro FX I'm currently using, but couldn't resist opportunity to give the Anew a try. I ordered it and it has already arrived at my house - unfortunately I'm not there and won't get my hands on it until this weekend.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,533 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,222 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 988 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,428 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,838 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.