Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone tried the SleepWeaver mask?
Anyone tried the SleepWeaver mask?
Saw a promo display at the sleep center for a SleepWeaver mask. It's a nasal mask made of soft cloth. Google brings up this video review but has anyone here tried it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone tried the SleepWeaver mask?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Nasal-Mask

Personally? Based solely on their promotional material? I wouldn't ever get one. All of their photos are models with the mask photoshopped onto their image. It is so obvious. The last I looked, I couldn't find a single photo on their site of a real person actually wearing their mask. Granted, that's been a while but still, you'd think they'd want to show it off! This lack of visual evidence makes me wonder if it is as good as they claim. It could indeed be a great mask. It could be everything they say. But for me, not going to even look at it.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pgw78,
There are a couple threads here on the board about the SleepWeaver mask. I'm not sure, but I don't think it works if you are at a pressure over 8.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, I'd missed seeing those. I should have remembered to search. Thanks and sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh no big deal,
I did see on one of the other threads that someone has tried the SleepWeaver Elan at a pressure of 15 and it worked for them, it's a trial and error thing, that's for sure, Good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I have been using it for almost a year off and on. It works.
The clothe is nice to give the bridge of my nose a rest from the normal plastic cushioned nasal mask and its good for traveling because its clothe and there is less risk of breaking the mask except for possibly tearing it but it seems well built and durable. My pressure is 9.

I occasionally have to move it to adjust it more than the regular plastic masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
What one person swears by might be terrible for the next person. Masks are as individual as you face shape. Often ou will go thru 20 or more masks to find the perfect one for your situation
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I tried the sleepweaver and it was a failure for me. But like others say, it's an individual thing. I think if your face is the right shape to fit the contours it might work. Mine didn't. It leaked like crazy no matter how tightly I did the straps. I had to put them so tight I couldn't sleep like that. Plus, the "elephant nose part" draped over my nose and was very uncomfortable. Also, the construction was terrible. Mine was falling apart and it was new. It was a trial for me, thank the Lord, so I gave it back. I can't imagine spending money on it. I would have been mad. Hope this helps you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the SleepWeaver Élan for about a year. I like it.
I am in an ongoing battle with my insurance company/DME to provide my replacement since they don't normally carry that brand.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the SleepWeaver mask for about 2 years. Before that I used a couple of other types (full face), but I got headaches.

The thing about the SleepWeaver is that you don't have to have the straps so tight that you get marks in the morning. Until a week ago my machine was set at 14 - 20. A nice guy at the VA set the machine down to 8 - 18. I got a seal at 14 all the time, but I would get some leaks. At 8, it's very easy to get and keep a seal.

I have not tried all the masks out there, but this is the most comfortable one I've ever tried.

VA does not currently supply this mask, but you can get not only the full headgear/mask, but also the mask all by itself online. Don't want to make this into an ad, but you probably know where to look. If not ask me. (Not I'm not in the business.)

If you are a veteran, ask your VA hospital about getting this mask.

-d2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,753 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.