Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan cloth nasal mask?
Anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan cloth nasal mask?
I'm thinking of trying the Sleepweaver Elan cloth nasal mask. I'm a side sleeper. Has anyone here tried it? Pros? Cons? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan cloth nasal mask?
Tried it, but could not tolerate it enough to give it a chance. After I would get it to seal it would start to leak air up into my eyes. It's possible that even with that leak the treatment would still be effective, but it was too annoying. Patience is hard to come by when you already have a well-working mask.

There's a new mask out called the Swift FX Nano by Resmed. I don't think all of the U.S. suppliers have it yet, but it's based on the Swift FX pillows platform. If that's any indication, I bet it's going to be a comfortable mask even for side-sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wondered how the seal was. It's kind of involved to put it on. I also wonder how you get it to dry out in time every night if you wash it every morning. Thanks for responding.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2013, 12:54 PM)ellen1159 Wrote: I also wonder how you get it to dry out in time every night if you wash it every morning.

It's not actual cloth. The mask is some kind of synthetic material, so it dries quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ellen1159,
There is a thread here on this board regarding the Sleepweaver. If memory serves me right, it doesn't work well for pressures above 8.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and Good luck on finding just the right mask that works for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2013, 12:54 PM)ellen1159 Wrote: I wondered how the seal was. It's kind of involved to put it on. I also wonder how you get it to dry out in time every night if you wash it every morning. Thanks for responding.

I fortunately have a second mask. So I wash one..and wear one. I have about 4 different kinds of mask and the sleepweaver is the only one I can sleep on my sides with comfortably. The leaks drive me batty on occasion, but most nights if I tighten it correctly, I have no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ddetrio,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad to hear that the SleepWeaver mask works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SmileYes and it is great. Best to use for a few hr during day light to get use it. If you get leaks the strap are too tight or you might have wrong size or have not followed the instructions. Set comes with med and large, small is optional. Comes with 90 degree swivel that lets you change from back to side. This requires that the supplied 2 ft long light weight tube be inline with you and loosely supported from above. There is a strap that attaches to head gear which help keep the hose off your head but you still need to support the rest of the hose. It should be a little higher than the mask end of the hose.

Side sleeping is not a problem. Feels kind of like your nose is sticking through a small inflated balloon. Very comfortable and light weight. Easy to clean. Does not leave marks on skin. Air pressure causes the seal. Tested mine to 15cm and it did not leak or become uncomfortable. First impression was that this can't work as it looks light and delicate but it's stronger than it looks. The head gear is also light and comfortable design.
Give it a try for a week I bet you will like it.

(08-15-2013, 08:03 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: I'm thinking of trying the Sleepweaver Elan cloth nasal mask. I'm a side sleeper. Has anyone here tried it? Pros? Cons? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleep anew,
WELCOME! to the forum.! I'm glad to hear that the SleepWeaver Elan works for you even at higher pressures.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 251 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 982 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,162 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 326 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 465 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 377 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 840 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.